September 26th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 26th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Official NCHOF Scores link - http://nctrap.com/hof2016.pdf

Hello to all and a great Monday morning to you. LCP shoots their BIG50 this Wednesday and the start time is 1PM. This Saturday and Sunday the Spartanburg Gun Club will host their Hall Of Fame shoot and Big Doug Stenbeck will be inducted after the singles on Saturday.

Hopefully everyone that attended the Hall Of Fame shoot at the NC Homegrounds arrived at home safely. 4 great days of warm weather and the wind really behaved itself all 4 days. I arrived Friday and have pictures for all three days and also the banquet.

The Homegrounds was is in immaculate condition and it looks like Bob Keever spebt almost a total of 24 hours mowing the property. Targets were good, food was good, trap help was good, shoot was run good, and it was just good all around. It takes a lot of time and dedication to run a successful trapshoot. Hats off to the NCTA and the HOF for everything.

Bill Howe was inducted Saturday night and George Ponton discussed the shooting accomplishments of Bill and Billy Thigpen discussed the man and competitor Bill Howe. They did a great job of bring all of the information to light and we appreciate their efforts. Bill accepted the honor and mentioned all of his children and that is wife was on vacation due to scheduling error. He also mentioned his friend Brian Luther who had flown down from New York for the induction. Also appearing was Jim Hughes and his lovely wife and it was great to see them. I collected about 190 pictures of Bill over the years and will post them in the HOF section when I get a chance.

Now let me talk about a little bit of shooting. I will post pictures of the winners for Thursday and Friday but I will discuss the winners for Saturday and Sunday. There was some great scores posted in the singles event Saturday and when the smoke cleared three 199’s had to step to the line for an extra round. Noah Gouge, Jimmy Wilson and John Miller commenced to pounding and as strange as it was Noah and John missed their 25th target and Jimmy broke his for the win. You just had to be there to see it happen to believe it.

Sunday Morning at the HOF in September the targets look a little different at 9-10 in the morning. Noah Gouge figured it out and posted a pair of 49’s for a 98 and a win that was 5 birds better than the next competitors. In fact, AA was won with a 93 broken by Jeff Galloway.

Then the caps cranked up and the caps winner was William Hale from Georgia with the lone 96. I watched him shoot and he holds onto some kind of pendant between shots to keep him focused. Even Tom Shelley broke a 95 for a win and a little more mud to shove in old Tom Pitts shooting eye……

The HOA was won by Noah with a 199/98/92 for a 389x400 win. I believe the RU was Adam Mattson from SC with a 382x400.

Saturday Singles

Sunday Doubles

Sunday Handicap
More Sunday Handicap

HOA

Ok that is about it for now and I will do my best to get all of the pictures up shortly. Have a great week everybody and hope to see you around the trap range real soon. Hello to Hap, Lou, Scott and Chase you have a trophy to pickup and until next week………………………smokem.