October 10th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 10th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

What a week/end with all the weather woes on the East Coast. I checked with Marty Hill and he stated that Fayetteville got about 12 inches of rain with about 9 inches in the Clinton area. Mac Herring was cleaning up storm damage from trees but no major damage at his house. Dave Daily had to evacuate to Lexington South Carolina from Myrtle Beach to ride out the storm.

Early in the week Jimmy Wilson advised that the 2-day BGC would be cancelled and Coharie and Rockingham followed to cancel their Saturday events. No word on them being rescheduled at this time. Rockingham decided to hold their BIG50 Sunday and can you say breezy?

Old Hickory at Rocky Mount will shoot this Saturday and hopefully the program will be posted today. Then the fun on the Mountain begins for the Watauga Gun Club Chicken wing fling on the 22nd. You just never know what kind of weather will show up in the hollow but one thing is certain…….tasty chicken wings will be consumed by all.

Rockingham shot Sunday and 11 showed up to shoot in the wind. There were high birds, low birds and I needed water to soothe my throat from calling “LOST” so many times. Bill Norman won the event with an 88, Van Fleming took the 2nd Lewis and Jim Staton took the 3rd Lewis. Fun was experienced by all and we had some brand new folks shoot the event. I posted a link to a slideshow from the event so take a look if you can.

Low Country Preserve had to pull their trap due to the threat of flooding due to the hurricane. Pat Childers will send out an email to advise if in fact they will be able to shoot Wednesday the 12th. I posted 5 shoot reports from LCP for you viewing pleasure…..

I called Ray Shisler Sunday night to check on him and Steve Karas. Ray is still working on getting moved to Georgia and come to find out that Steve never did move back to High Point from Arizona. Ray has a bunch of rifles he is wanting to sell and I will be posting that info on this website just as soon as he gets me the info. Steve had a stroke several years ago and still has not totally recovered from it. I am going to reach out to my friend Hap to see if maybe he can get him to the local club to meet some of the locals.

Looks like the Okoboje Indians will be converging on the Nashville Gun Club this week for their annual PowWow. I might have misspelled the name and if I did please let me know how to spell it. Not sure just how many NC shooters are involved but I know Greg High and Fred Calahan are headed out Wednesday. Also Greg, Marty and Gorgeous George Brown are headed to Alabama next week for a big shoot down there. Maybe we can get Marty to send us a picture or two from that shoot. Good luck to all the NC folks traveling to these events.

That is about it for this week and I hope everybody has a great week. I checked with George up in Boone and he said the leaves were changing a little if the wind didn’t blow them all away. He did get his Blaser fixed and maybe he will bring it out at the Wing Fling. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week………………………………………Smokem