November 7th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 7th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and another great weather weekend in the old TarHeel State. Two shoots with LCP back in business after hurricane Matthew and Rockingham shooting their BIG50 Saturday.

Two shoots this week with LCP’s BIG50 Wednesday the 9th and Buckhorns Toys for Tots Sunday the 13th. Toys for Tots is a tradition that has been around for many years. Bring a toy or donation and help brighten the holiday for a child in our area. Weather is looking great with a high near 60 and sunny Carolina Blue skies….

Smokem testing the bikes before delivery…..

LCP shot Wednesday and Pat Childers had the high score. I posted the info in trapshooting results. Rockingham shot Saturday and I am usually on top of things but somehow thought it was Sunday afternoon. Lane called Lewis and Lewis thought it was Sunday also. 14 showed up and Lewis managed to win it with an 89…. Rockingham will be hosting and intro to Trapshooting the 20th at 2PM……

I had heard that SC shooter Ron Burdick was battling illness and was happy to see that he showed up at Polk County and shot well considering. I am going to try to give him a call and see how he is doing.

It is Susan Nattrass birthday this week and she is a very accomplished trap and Olympic trap shooter. I wished her a happy birthday and asked if she had ever shot the Annie Oakley in Pinehurst. I didn’t get a response from her but Texas resident Sandy Mitchell chimed in and confirmed that she in fact had shot the Annie Oakley. Has anyone ever thought about hosting the Annie Oakley in North Carolina in October?

Word off the hill is that Tom Shelley, Pop Waters, Randy “Boone” Jones, David “MillerTime” Miller are making the trip for the Tots shoot. No word out of Steve “Phenom” Watson and BamBam might be in the bear den with his pot of honey hibernating for the winter….Shelley said that he was getting Tom Pitts to the line but he couldn’t make him hit any. He commented that the Harlan push Pitts was implementing had fell off in the mountain dirt.

This picture is from 2009 and Pitts evidently hit the jackpot…..

Okay that is about it for this week and I know everybody is planning for the Thanksgiving Holiday. It will be here before you know it and folks will be dragging around looking sleepy and rubbing their belly. I believe they found the white wooly worm in West VA and it is known as the blizzard worm. Not saying that we are going to have a hard winter but we are due.

Now, I would like to urge everyone to pray for our country. Elections are here and the future of our country rests on the decisions people make. I am not worried about myself but for the generations to come. Have a great week everybody and hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week………………………………….Smokem