November 14th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 14th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and I hope you had a great Veterans Day Holiday weekend. It was great to see Ken Duncan and his picture when he was in the military and Jim Daughtridge and the picture of his father. I know there are many vets that shoot trap and thanks for your service ladies and gentleman. Not to forget that JC Nunn was a WWII Vet and it has been two years since he passed on November 3rd. Please to continue to pray for our troops around the world and their families also.

Two shoots with LCP and their BIG50 Wednesday and the Toys for Tots shoot on Sunday. Shoot scores are posted in trap shoot results and thanks to Pat Childers and Dan Johnson for posting the results. LCP had two visitors from the Winston area Jeff Allen and Diane. They had 11 entries and Bill Boston was the high gun with a 49, David Barron won the caps with a 43 and David was hi gun in dubs with a 35. They shoot this Wednesday and their monthly shoot is the 19th.

Chilly Sunday morning at Buckhorn……..

Toys for Tots cranked up Sunday and the mountain folk came down to roust a few sheckles out of the local folks in MeeeeeBane. Dan reported cool freezing temps with Randy “Antifreeze Boone” Jones sporting shorts. With 18/18/15 stepping to the line Greg High outflipped with a 97 in singles win, Morg Shaw won the caps and the MIDDLE50 after starting with a 20, and Dan won the dubs with a 94. Morg took HOA with a 280 and might have been higher than that if his gun hadn’t broken in doubles. And how did Tom Shelley get put in “C” class is what I want to know and Brian Kellner needs a new gun dad for Christmas…..PLEASE DAD

Old Hickory at Rocky Mount shoots this Saturday and it is their last shoot for 2016. I believe CupCake will be posting the program and hopefully the weather will be nice for the event. As I stated before LCP shoots this Wednesday the 16th and their monthly shoot the 19th. For club info or directions please go to http://www.nctrap.com.

Not everybody came down off the mountain with BamBam rolling his finger around in his honeypot waiting for the first BIG snow. The Phenom aka Steve Watson treated his wife to a trip to Jolly Old England and I have included a few pictures from his adventure. You can see who got the money besides Shelley…..

Beretta Gun Room

Big Ben

I posted some info this week that included the rebirth of the Pinehurst Gun Club and found the video clip that was created for the 100th Annual NC State Trapshoot. Yep that is correct a couple in Pinehurst have put up a website and expect the project to cost about 9 million dollars. To get it started they are looking for 100 charter members and will only have a total of 300 members when it is in full operation. This is mainly for clay sports with Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, Bunker and a list of other activities. Membership will require a $5000 deposit with the balance to be paid in two $12,500 payments for a total of $30,000. So, if you want to get on board with this new rebirth of the Pinehurst Gun Club please look at the info in the NC Gun Club News.
http://www.thepilot.com/business/with-p ... aa08b.html

Also, it is neat to use Google to search for pictures of trapshooting and I was amazed at all the pictures on the web that came off the TarHeelTrap website. I found the video clip that was made at the 100th NC State Trapshoot and I just about forgot about it. Here is the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xOX3st-ycM

Ok, that is about it and what a crazy week after the election on Tuesday. Not quite sure how it will all go but I am very optimistic for the future. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week………………….Smokem