November 21st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 21st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Is it Thanksgiving week again? Hard to believe that here we are and I hope you are looking forward to a great week with your friends and family. I know one thing I missed this year was the deep-fried turkey’s that were prepared by Marty Hill at the Ft. Bragg Gun Club. JC always enjoyed getting his belly full and I always asked him if he wanted another plate……good times!

Two shoots to discuss with LCP hosting their weekly BIG50 and Old Hickory @ Rocky Mount shooting Saturday. 13 showed up at LCP with Justin Gibbons hi-gun with a 48 and Rich Long with a 47. LCP will host their BIG50 this Wednesday the 23rd. Rocky Mount hosted their monthly shoot Saturday and Marty “Prez” Hill won the singles with a 95. Perry Kemp won the caps with an 88 and Marty and Perry shared HOA with 180x200.

I found out that Johnny Goss had passed away and evidently used to shoot trap in North Carolina. He was a plumber and succumbed to pancreatic cancer. I have posted his info in the finished career section. Also, Danny Lloyd’s father George “Shorty” Lloyd passed early last week and he was 92 years old. George lived with Danny for the last three years and got to travel with Danny to several of the state shoots. He will be sorely missed and was a very interesting person to talk with.

North Carolina State Points are posted and thank you Tom Pitts. A whole lot of shooting went on last target year. Dan Johnson and Karole Miller led the men and women and that was some great shooting you two. Tom has also posted some details on categories so please take a look.

Tom Shelley is in Alabama deer hunting and evidently hasn’t killed a deer yet. He did report that he was attacked by a big fox squirrel while he was in the stand. Evidently Shelley was sitting on his nuts and the squirrel was trying to get to them. Not sure when he is coming back but hopefully he will bag a buck before he heads back to God’s country.

The Rockingham Gun Club held a trap 101 event Sunday and 20 folks showed up to participate. It started at 2 and about 1 hour later the folks got to shoot a little bit before the sun slid over the hill. It was windy and cold and not the best day to shoot but everybody survived. Lane is thinking about a Black Friday fun shoot if the weather permits. If it is held we will post the info in trapshoot dates…..

That is about it and I hope you get your fill of Thanksgiving goodies but dont overdo it. I always like to prepare a couple of down the road plates so I don’t have to go digging through all the containers. Also, we have been buying the kit at Honey Baked Ham to make that tasty hambone soup. Don’t let that big hambone go to waste and share that hambone soup with your loved ones or freeze it….

Take care everybody and hello to Lou, Hap, Scott in snowy PA and Chase wherever you are and until next week…………………………..or as they say in Colorado……………………..Smoke One