November 28th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 28th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

November is about over and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Holiday weekend. The weather sure was nice and I am sure folks got out to practice over the weekend. One shoot at LCP last week and two shoots this week. LCP shoots their BIG50 the 30th and Buckhorn holds their monthly shoot the 4th of December.

LCP held their monthly BIG50 and the weather was great with temps in the 70’s and no wind. David Barron won the singles with a 44 and Mike Anselmo won the caps with a 36. Their next BIG50 is this Wednesday and their next monthly shoot is the 17th of December.

Looks like there is a lot of deer hunting going on. Dan Johnson shot an 11 pointer in NC and is taking a week to hunt back in his home state of Pennsylvania. No word on how Shelley did in Alabama and he is might be recovering from PTSD – Post Traumatic Squirrel Disorder. Dave Daily is back up in Indiana hunting with his son and not sure how the weather is in that neck of the woods.

With Christmas right around the corner everybody is working on their Christmas list. I was digging through some email and ran across Bob Schultz’s newsletters during 2016. He does a great job promoting the sport and selling guns and a lot of other gear. If you are thinking about a new gun or even a radar detector to be sure you are shooting a legal target, Bob has got them in stock……

Rockingham Gun Club hosts their yearly Christmas party this Saturday at 7pm and elections will be held. With almost 1400 members the club continues to make many improvements. Membership will open in 2017 and with 365-day access and with family memberships it is a great deal. Mash on this link for more information - http://www.rcgc.club/

Buckhorn shoots this Sunday and I expect the program to be published very soon. Weather looks like temps in the mid 50’s with a slight chance of PM precipitation but of course that is a weather prediction from weather.com….With weather being cold it is a great time to get some winter birds…….

A little thin this week and maybe I can do a little digging before next week. I hope everybody has a great week and maybe I can get back to normal eating habits after all the holiday goodies. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week………………………………Smokem