December 5th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 5th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and a good Monday morning. Saturday was nice and Sunday turned out to be dreary to say the least. Two shooting events last week with LCP’s BIG50 and Buckhorns monthly shoot the 4th. LCP will shoot this Wednesday the 7th and will continue until the end of the year – I guess.

Pat Childers informed me that Pat Ciccolella passed away Monday after suffering from a stroke while hunting. I have posted his info in the finished career section and prayers are with his family at this time.

LCP shot Wednesday and the wind showed back up and 11 shooters stepped to the line. Terry Lewis broke the lone 43 to lead all shooters and Mike Petrone and Harold Smith posted 42’s. They tried to shoot the caps but due to overcast weather the batteries weren’t charged enough to finish the event. LCP shoots this Wednesday the 7th at 1PM.

Buckhorn shot Sunday in some miserable conditions but 4 people stepped to the line for the singles and the caps. Ron Costanzo won the singles with a 92 and ran the last 50. John Miller won the caps and got a notable Randy “Boone” Jones IronMan pin for shooting in a T-Shirt. Karole Miller cooked up a pot of goodness and introduced Dan to corn in a Chili recipe. That is it for BGC in 2016 and look for info on the January 1st shoot at BGC.

Mac Herring has posted a Shotkam gun camera on http://www.trapshooters.com. If you are interested, please give it a look and take it off Mac’s hands before Christmas. We have a for sale section on this website so feel free to post your items for sale if you want. If you want me to post them just email me and send me the pictures.

The Rockingham County Gun Club held their annual Christmas meeting Saturday night at the clubhouse. Jim Alverson was voted in as president and the meeting was well attended. Memberships will be accepted early in 2017 with the first orientation session starting in early March. If you need more information, please mash on http://www.rcgc.club

Hunter Galloway and Bob Goodman left for Sparta Sunday for the annual EC meeting and they will be back Wednesday. At least it is just rainy and cold and not snowy and real cold like in years past. Not sure what all will be discussed but thank goodness for a great organization that keeps the ATA going.

Southern Zone ATA delegate posted the end of the year newsletter and it was chocked full of information. I have been used to Terry Roush publishing for many years and Jeff is off to a great start with this year’s offering. If you did not get the electronic version, please email Jeff at carolinashooter@gmail.com

Bedford County PA Buck

I mentioned last week that Dan Johnson had been deer hunting and sure enough killed a 200-pound deer in Bedford County in Pennsylvania. The picture pretty much tells the tale and what a solid looking deer. Dan mentioned that the 11 pointer he killed in NC he shot off his back porch. I am still waiting on a picture of Tom Shelley’s Alabama buck?

That is about it for this smoke report and If you like handmade knives check out http://www.Knixknives.com I met the owner at a Law Enforcement conference in Salt Lake City several years ago, and he is building a skinner for a Christmas present. Have a great week everybody and hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week……………………………..Smokem…….