December 19th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 19th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas to all. Just a few more shopping days left and then the fat man flies Saturday night. It is a happy time for some and for others not so much. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and you get everything on your Santa list.

LCP shot Wednesday 14th and Mike Petrone was the hi gun with a 43. 11 competitors showed up to shoot and the weather conditions were tolerable. I don’t have any info on their monthly shoot and hope to have that info next week.

Watauga Gun Club had their Christmas party last weekend and Noah Gouge was presented with a ring for the 2016 NCHOF HAA honors. Noah shot great at the HOF with a 199 in singles, 98 in doubles and 92 in caps.

Buckhorn had their Christmas party Sunday and Dan Johnson did another great report on all the fun at BGC. They played shooting games on the trap range and the skeet range with some winners and some losers. I don’t know how they were able to shoot after eating all the food Dan talked about.

PA/NC/SC shooter Dave Daily has retired and flew into the Myrtle Beach Airport Friday for the last time as a working man. He worked for Simpler which is a company that works with business to make them leaner and more efficient. Good luck to him and he will be shooting more in North Carolina in 2017.

I got back on trapshooters.com and created a 2017 North Carolina Trapshooting thread. As the official calendar changes, I will try real hard to keep folks posted on those changes. Folks do travel to and through North Carolina and if they know a shoot is near they tend to show up for a little fun.

I got a Christmas card from Earl Scripture and Belinda this week. I am not sure when the last time I got to see Earl and it might have been at one of our NC State Shoots. That was before the switch to the new referee crew that the HG uses today. He was one heck of a shooter in his day until he ran afoul with the ATA…..

In case you have tried to call Bob Schultz his 800 number has been hacked. Evidently someone has been trying to hack into their firewall for some unknown reason and no it is not the Russians…..Here is the number you need to use – 828-693-3833.

I was sifting through trapshooters.com and read a thread about a clinic that Nora Ross taught. The question came up about one/two eye shooting and of course the vulchers took the bait. I had no idea that Olympic skeet shooter Kim Rhode is a one-eyed shooter and her tape runs vertical on her dominant eye. It was also mentioned that Nora had not registered and ATA targets since 2013 and not quite sure why that is.

That is it for this week and have a very Merry Christmas. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week………………………………Smokem