January 2nd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 2nd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Happy New Year from Myrtle Beach and I hope you brought your new year in with a bang. Quite an iffy weather weekend but it looks like LCP and Buckhorn got to register some birds. The New Year is here and NC Clubs are filling in the shooting calendar for 2017. Shoot Dates - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

LCP will shoot BIG50’s 4-11-18 and 25 with their monthly shoot the 21st. Of course, if there is a spot for good weather the BGC crew will host a shoot in a heartbeat so please check this website for up to date information.

I would like to say thanks to the folks that not only post the upcoming shoots but also post the shoot scores with their own twist. KupCake, Johnson, Mac, Pitts and a few others take a little load off of me and it is a great help. I hope to expand the HOF section and get that up to date and also the State Shoot winners needs to be caught up. I also have to delete a bunch of stuff and that will take some time.

For all the clubs, if you have any information about new construction or new equipment or any information pertaining to your club you can post it or I will post in on the smoke report. We actually do have some new ATA members in the state and hopefully some of them will venture out to shoot at other clubs.

Buckhorn hosted the first shoot of 2017 in NC and the weatherman was wrong again. Folks got to shoot all three events and not in the rain. Chuck Woody outflipped Randy “Boone” Jones for singles with 97’s. Will Price won the caps with a 95 and KupCake Karole Miller won the dubs with a 88.

I almost forgot the passing of Dennis Devault last week. I really do not have the details and I will post the obit info in finished careers. Several shooters in NC own Devault guns that include Danny Lloyd and Phil Berkowitz that is now living in Florida. Please continue to remember his family during this tough time.

That is about it from Broadway At The Beach and I hope everyone has Monday off and back to work Tuesday. From what I hear NC might finally get some winter weather but that remains to be seen. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week…………………………………………….smokem in 2017!