January 9th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 9th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

What a great weekend for sledding and warming by the fire. The weather folks finally got some snow for North Carolina and when Jim Cantore is in your state all you know what can break loose.

About 8 inches here in Jamestown and with two homes to work on the 18” electric snow-thrower really made my work a lot easier. Hopefully our trapshooting family is dug out and back to work.

The mailman delivered the Dixie Grand program and I have an invite to travel to Odessa for the January shoot in Florida. I remember the Dixie that Jimmy Wilson won his singles class and Jeri was the Dixie Grand Handicap RU with a pocket full of money…….good times!

The NC shoot calendar has been updated and here is the link - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf . Also in the mail was the Dogwood program and the link is already up and here it is - http://nctrap.com/dwood17.pdf.....

LCP shot their BIG50 the 4th and I have posted the results in trapshoot results. Their next BIG50 is this Wednesday the 11th and their monthly shoot is the 21st.. Old Country boy is really putting a whooping on the crew at LCP….

Looks like the Boone crew is hunkered down in the snow and Morg commented that the Past’s didn’t too good in the cold. Somebody somewhere is shooting trap in colder weather and there has to be a solution…..Morg also commented that Scott Gouge was trying to track down shells for Noah and this upcoming season. It will be interesting to see what he found…..

Ken Duncan posted a picture of his new motorhome sitting out in the elements. That has got to be a job making sure pipes don’t freeze up in super cold weather. My son had to get out and clean the snow off his camper just in case there was a spot that just wanted to leak.

Karole Miller posted a picture of her pooch out running around in the snow. I would imagine that all the trapshooting family dogs got out in the snow except for maybe Marty Hill’s radar. If you got a good picture of your pup send it to me and I might start a section for the pooches…

I noticed that the Spartanburg Gun Club cancelled their monthly shoot due to inclement weather. Not sure what accumulation they got and I might get an update from Harry Gable on Facebook. Also, Harry Gable has retired and not exactly sure what he did for a living but it involved the school system and transportation.

I texted John Domas in Lynchburg and they got about 6 inches of snow. I really enjoyed shooting up there a year or so ago and it was the last time I got to shoot with Charlie Rinehart. Those traps are sitting on the side of a mountain and a very challenging place to shoot.

I hope everyone has a great week and I read that the weather is setting up for another event similar to what we just experienced. Hello to Lou in sunny Florida, Hap in wild Wyoming, Scott in Steeler Country and Chase somewhere in North Carolina and until next week…………………Smokem