January 16th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 16th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and what a difference a week makes. Great weather over the weekend and I know folks got out to practice this weekend. One shoot last week with a BIG50 at LCP and the results have been posted.

Two shoots this week at LCP with their BIG50 the 18th and their monthly registered shoot the 21st. I also included a group picture of all of the folks that shot the BIG50 the 11th.

I got to talk with Chuck Patterson last week and he sounds great. We discussed shooting and he said that clubs were few and far between in his area. He is helping a local club on Tuesday nights and I asked him to send me pictures from their events. Hopefully he will get back on the East Coast someday to shoot with the NC folks.

Roger Shaffer got hitched last year like on the 31st of December. He married a gal that he went to church with and they are planning a camping road trip in the very near future. Her name is Phyllis and hopefully we will get to meet her at a shooting event very soon.

The North Carolina shoot calendar is filling up and the Rockingham Gun Club met Sunday to establish their shoot dates. They should be approved and finalized and published very soon. Some of the dates have been moved off the first week of the month so we can shoot with the folks in Lynchburg VA. Mash on this link for the calendar - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Morg has been testing some 1 ounce smoke up in Watauga with some solid results. He went 74x75 in singles – 49x50 in caps and 96x100 in doubles. That isn’t too shabby with a gas gun. Not sure exactly when this was but it had to be before the big snow event.

Word on the street is that the Homegrounds has given birth to two new trap fields on the far end where the first four traps are. Now there are three banks on the low end and 4 banks on the high end with the practice trap in the middle. So now the HG has 14 program traps and 1 practice trap and that is GREAT……

LCP hosted their BIG50 with 19 shooters!!!!!! Scott King is a PA shooter that winters in NC and topped all shooters with the lone 49. Pat asked me to post a picture of their crew and you can view it below……

Shooters L to R: John Rahilly, Scott King, Fred Truelove, Kevin Bakley, David Barron, Rob Jerome, Terry Lewis, Pat Childers, Larry Dudley, Mike Anselmo, Nate Lipsen, Harold Smith, Wayne Schiavi, Mike Petrone, Paul Miraglia, Wayne Averill and Rich Long. Not pictured: Charlie Bertrand and Ned Marlowe.

Ok that is about it and I hope everybody has a great day off celebrating MLK day. I will be working at the daycare feeding babies and soothing hurt feelings…….if need be. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week……………………………….Smokem