January 30th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 30th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

February is almost here and Spring is not too far away. The weekend was a little cool and blustery and it looks like it was that way all the way in Florida. LCP shot Wednesday and I have posted the scores. Their BIG50 this week is February 1st and their monthly shoot is the 18th….

The trapshooting community was shocked and deeply saddened with the news of Christopher Vendel’s death. I found out about it on Facebook after Preston Lunn posted the news. The young man was only 22 years old and had an entire life in front of him. Our prayers go out to his family and to all that called him a friend. I have posted his info in finished careers.

The Dixie Grand is over and I have provided the link to all the scores from the Dixie. http://rjstuart.com/Trophies/2017/dixie.htm It looks like Junior shooter Noah Gouge was a one man wrecking crew and shot great all week long. David Shaeffer won the Singles Championship with a 200 straight and the HAA with 200/97/97. Federal Rep Devon Harris won the Doubles Championship with a 99, Peter Cukan from Sarasota Florida won the Handicap Championship with the lone 99. Junior Gold shooter Justin Slater won the HOA with a solid 965 with Noah taking Junior HOA with a 961. That was some shooting with windy conditions almost all week and temps in the 50’s in the morning in sunny Florida. Noah won a trophy in every event at the Dixie and won the Caesar Guerini Handicap on Friday with the lone 98……

Not much else going on and before you know it folks will be registering targets every weekend in NC. I know LCP registers birds every week and hats off to them. I spent about 1 hour cleaning up BOT/Spam accounts on the site. I did run into some valid requests to register and I have emailed each one in case they run into issues.

Have a great week everybody and hopefully there will be some warmer weather to get out and practice. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week…………………………..Smokem