February 20th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 20th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Great weekend for shooting in North Carolina and LCP and the Buckhorn Gun Club both shot registered events over the weekend. I have a shoot report from BGC thanks to Dan Johnson and the LCP info will be delayed due to a big birthday for Pat Childers.

One shoot this week with LCP shooting their BIG50 this Wednesday the 22nd. BGC shot Sunday with 15/17/8 stepping to the line for some windy fun. Ed Rabenda won the singles with a 94, Rob Costanzo won the caps and got a punch with a 94 and Marty Hill won the caps with a 86 and also the HOA.

Tom Pitts posted the points earlier in the month and I missed mentioning them. Tom does a great job compiling this data and not sure just how much time it takes him a month. Talking about another Tom old Tom Shelley just had a birthday and finally got me some pictures of his game he killed in Alabama. You will have to check with Tom on all the details of the dressed weight etc..

Phil Davis sent me a message on Facebook asking about the Gander Mountain bankruptcy. It is all over the internet and I live about a mile away from the one near Four Seasons Mall. Of course, somebody got killed (shot) in the parking lot of JC Penney at the mall so be very careful in the area.

I talked to Dave Daily Sunday night and he said all is well in Myrtle Beach and with him being retired he has had a little more time to get out shooting. He shoots at the club in Aynor and they shoot on Thursdays during the week. He is planning to be at the SC State Shoot but might miss the NC State Shoot due to attending a wedding in Pittsburgh.

The NCTA calendar has been updated so go take a look to see how the calendar has filled in. A lot of trapshooting to be had in the state of North Carolina so make plans now to attend. Also it might be a good time to make reservations now for the Dogwood – State – Zone – HOF and ? There is an equestrian complex that can fill up the only two decent motels in town…..Here is the link to the shoot calendar…..http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

One more interesting piece of info is the State Shoot listing that is published by the ATA - http://www.shootata.com/Portals/0/pdf/2 ... Shoots.pdf

Facebook has an interesting way of recycling both good and bad memories. On February 17th, 2011 Elmo Matkins went on to be with the Lord. The picture I posted was taken at the Grand American in Vandalia Ohio with Elmo going after a target with that back right foot lifted. He was a very interesting fellow and he is sorely missed.

I hope everybody has a great week and hopefully I can get out to shoot sometime this week. Hello to Lou, Hap in Tuscon, Scott and Chase and until next week……………………………..Smokem