February 28th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 28th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and at the time of this writing the site is back up. It is about 10:45PM Sunday night and thanks to Dan Johnson for bringing it to my attention and to Justin for getting the site back up.

Nice weekend in NC and looks like Tom Bailey got to practice a little at the Buckhorn Gun Club on Saturday. Sunday was a little cool and windy but the accentuated the fun factor.

I have posted two BIG50’s and the monthly shoot for Low Country Preserve. It looks like shooters are traveling to LCP to experience some Low Country hospitality. LCP will shoot their BIG50 this Wednesday the 1st of March.

Coharie shoots this Saturday the 4th and Mac is rolling out the red carpet. Coharie can make you or break you if you are up to the challenge. It is a very interesting place to shoot and I have always enjoyed getting down to CSL. The shoot program is posted so go take a look.

The Autumn Grand is over and some amazing scores were broken in Tucson. Rachel Hopkins (MO) won the singles with the lone 200, Cory Dalton (NM) broke the lone 100 to win the doubles and Gary Bonetti (CA) broke the lone 99 to win the caps. HAA was won by Sean Hawley (UT) with a 393 and Junior Gold Justin Slater (NY) won the HOA with 1155. From what I hear attendance was up and with the weather so good the scores were up also…..Also, Gene Hapney got a yard and a half for his 96 on a very windy day......great shooting sir!

I noticed a post on Facebook of a big barrel of AA reloads prepared by none other than Bob Schultz as he prepares for the Southern Grand. He likes Green Dot and I wonder whether he likes the big shot like Leo Harrison and his 7.5’s. The Southern Grand is just around the corner and I know NC and SC will be attending the event in March.

The North Carolina Hunter Safety scrimmage took place at the Watauga Gun Club over the weekend. I believe Morgan mentioned that about 150 would be participating in the event. All American Noah Gouge was there to help with the trap segment of the event.

Last but not least Hunter and Debbee Galloway traveled to Tucson for the Autumn Grand. Hunter left last Saturday Debbee flew out Tuesday to join Hunter. They got to do a little sightseeing with a traditional cactus picture shot and a visit to the OK Corral…..

Have a great week everybody and hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week…………………..Smokem