March 6th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 6th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and another nippy windy weather weekend in the books. However, the good weather is right around the corner and I know some folks just can’t wait. CSL shot Wednesday with windy conditions and Coharie shot Saturday with frost in the morning.

Two shoots this week in North Carolina with CSL’s BIG50 Wednesday the 8th and Buckhorn shoots Sunday the 14th. Not sure what the weather will be but I don’t think it will be snowing thank goodness. Link to monthly shoots click here…..http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

LCP shot Wednesday in super windy conditions but that didn’t stop David Baron from posting a 47 for hi-gun honors in the singles with 11 entries. Pat Childers was top-gun in the caps with a 42 amongst 3 shooters. I hear tell some of the Southport shooters slid up to CSL for their 1st shoot.

Coharie Shooting League hosted their first registered shoot of 2017 and they had some visitors. Bill Boston, Fred Truelove, Nate Lipsen and Rob Jerome made the trip up from Southport to shoot at CSL. 14/13/4 stepped to the line with Greg High winning the singles with a 96, Marty “yoyo” Hill won the caps with a 90 and the doubles with a 91 after a flipoff with Mac. Marty was the HOA winner with a 271. CSL will shoot next on the 8th of April so please make plans to attend now.

For you reloaders it looks like shot is running about 41 bucks a bag. Not sure where folks are buying their throwaway shells from but it looks like there are deals to be had. I will be doing some checking at Gander/Dicks/Field & Stream and Wal-Mart for any deals and will pass it on….

Ok that is about it for this week and I hope everybody enjoys the warmer weather. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week…………………………..smokem…….