March 20th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 20th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Middle of March and what a snap of cold weather. It reached all the way to the Southern Grand with cooler than normal temps and WIND. Three shoots last week with LCP’s BIG50 reporting and looking for the shoot reports for Old Hickory @ Rocky Mount and LCP’s monthly shoot. Three events coming up this week with LCP’s BIG50 the 22nd and Watauga and Durham County the 25th.

Silver Dollar Gun Club Golf Side – Photo By Brian Kellner

The big event is over for 2017 and some North Carolina shooters brought back trophies to the TarHeel State. Noah Gouge wreaked havoc all week with numerous Junior trophies in the Championship doubles and Singles not to mention leading all juniors in the HOA and HAA. Two other Boone shooters won with SubJr Brian “Guido” Kellner posting a 96 to win the Carl Gresley Handicap. Steve Watson won the A Doubles in the Class Championship with a solid 95. Marty “Prez” aka YoYo Hill was Runner-Up to Brian in the Gresley caps with a 95 and Marty always shoots well at the Dollar.

Brian Kellner’s Carl Gresley Caps Trophy………..nice touch with the cat on the far left……

Back to the SG the winners of the main Championship events were as follows. Justin Slater won the Doubles with the lone 100, Harlan Campbell won the Singles with a 200 and Tank Lunsford won the caps with the lone 98. Harlan won the HAA with a 392x400 and the HOA with a 952. For an up close look at all of the winners please mash on this link…… http://rjstuart.com/Trophies/2017/sgrand.htm

LCP shot last Wednesday and the scores are posted in Trapshoot results….Their monthly shoot was the 18th and the shoot report will be posted next Monday. This Wednesday the 22nd will be their next BIG50 in case you are in the area and wanting to shoot.

Durham County Wildlife Club

Durham County Wildlife Club shoots this Saturday and hopefully I will have a shoot program posted early this week. Great place to shoot and they always have a great lunch normally prepared by the Skeet shooters. Get this on your schedule and register some birds at DCWC.

Watauga Gun Club on a nice day!
Watauga Gun Club on a nippy day!

The Watauga Gun Club will host their first shoot for 2017 in – can you believe it – March……Normally early for WGC because you just never know what kind of weather will show up? Also, it looks like the King is back on the birds after some medical issues he is cleared to spread the lead. His vision is much better and he is seeing 25-25 if you know what I mean. Glad to hear he is back and hopefully we will get to see him at WGC this weekend…..

BamBam in the Kolar Days

I called Richard Colley last week to check on him and see how he was doing. He sounds great and has been spending quite a bit of time riding his motorcycle…..weather permitting. I told him we sure did miss him and hoped he would work us into his riding schedule and come visit us at the Homegrounds this year. I have included a picture of Richard in case you either forgot what he looked like or wondering what he looks like…..Do not let the pink shirt fool you…….it is a long story just ask Jimmy Wilson.

Richard “Pinky” Colley

Ok that is about it and I hope everybody has a great week. Temps look like they are going to be warmer and hopefully the weather will be great this week for all the shoots. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week…………………….Smokem