April 3rd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 3rd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Wonderful shooting weekend in North Carolina and I hope you got out to enjoy it. LCP shot their BIG50 and the Rock shot Saturday and Sunday. This week prepare for LCP’s BIG50 Wednesday and Coharie shoots the 8th and Buckhorn the 9th.

Marion “Bull” Erwin

NC Hall of Fame Inductee Marion Erwin passed away on the 30th after a long battle with cancer. Marion was 79 and I tied Marion with a 98 in handicap at the Annie Oakley Shoot in 1968. We shot the tie off shooting on the same squad with him on the 25 and me on the 19….I won the shootoff but wasn’t in the Calcutta. I have posted his obit info in the finished careers section of the site. Our prayers are with the family at this time.

LCP shot Wednesday and 16 showed up to shoot. David Barron paced all shooters with a 46. Mike Anselmo and John Lowder tied for the caps higun with 38’s. Bob Mizner showed up to shoot and guests are always welcome.

Early Singles Squad With Ed Rabenda on the bird.....

Rockingham shot Saturday with 20/13/4 stepping to the line. We signed up three new shooters to the ATA and that is always good. Jeff Galloway won the singles with a 96, Ronnie (I’m Back) Manuel won the caps with a 91 and Tommy Brown won the doubles with a 97 and the HOA with a 275. The wind blew all day but the sun felt good with the brisk wind.

Ronnie Manuel – Clint Jackson – Jim Roland – Jim Staton

Rockingham shot their BIG50 Sunday and 18 came out for some fun. Great singles scores were broken but it came down to the caps to declare the winner. Ronnie Manuel was higun with a 92 with Tommy Brown, Lane Murray and Jeff Galloway just a few birds behind. Clint Jackson and Jim Roland tied for the second Lewis and Jim Staton took the 3rd Lewis. All three spots paid $48 bucks and that might buy a few boxes of shells.

Speaking of shells, it looks like Dick’s is selling gun clubs for $4.98 and box. I got this info from Pat Childers and Dave Daily. I dropped by Gander Mountain the other day and all their shells were in the 7 buck range.

Couple of folks out and about with the Galloway’s in Phoenix for the final four and the big game tonight. Weather is good in Phoenix and they are enjoying the trip. Lewis Wyatt is fishing and camping at Philpott Lake in Virginia and I called him while he was in the boat….

That is going to do it for me and I hope everybody has a great week. Get out and practice and get out and register some birds. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Ronnie and until next week…………………….Smokem