April 24th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 24th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

ATTENTION: The Watauga Gun Club will cancel their registered shoot this Saturday the 29th of April. The lead reclaimer will be working on the property on that day. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Tom Pitts or Morgan Shaw........

Saturday At The Dogwood…..

Probably a little moist in your city this morning or maybe drying out. What a great three days at the Dogwood at the NC Homegrounds with one rainy nasty day on Sunday. Not quite sure of the attendance numbers but always great to see some new faces.

I have posted the winner boards for all events and the links to all of the pictures that were taken on Thursday and Saturday. Those were the two days I made it and had a great time both days. As always thanks to the NCTA, NCHOF, target crew and the ref crew for another great event.

Jimmy Wilson on his way to his winning 199…….

Saturday singles was a windy event and Jimmy Wilson braved the conditions to win the event with the lone 199……great to see him back on that new knee and breaking such good scores……Noah Gouge won the Saturday caps from the back fence with a lone 95.

Sunday the weather turned a little nasty and Noah Gouge in a t-shirt posted the lone 98 to win the doubles with Jeff Galloway posting the next best score with a 93. Caps rolled around and Brandon Matthews and Tommy Brown tied up with 88’s with Brandon winning in the shootoff. Noah won the HAA with a 764 and Jeff Galloway posted a 741. I would imagine 192+98+87 won the HOA……..

2 New Traps In The Works

I have posted a picture of the newest addition to the NC Homegrounds. I would imagine these are the new traps 1 & 2 and are well underway in their construction. Probably just as good a target presentation and are going to be shielded to a certain extent down in the corner. It will be interesting to see who breaks their first 100 in singles/dubs or caps in that corner.

Our newest additions to the NC Hall of Fame will be Jackie Roush and the honorable Ron Wilson. Jackie was very instrumental in North Carolina trapshooting and living with the NC Delegate and ATA President was certainly a great experience. Of course, what can you say about Ron Wilson. He is such a gentleman and I always enjoy watching him punch someone’s card after a good handicap score. Make plans now to attend and be sure to come to the banquet…

Tom Pitts Solo......

This is a picture of Tom Pitts and normally I would take a picture of Tom and his running buddy Tom Shelley. Shelley was off in Alabama hunting or something like that and left his running buddy hanging. Tom however took a major role in working with the 3S scoring system and his hands were full. Maybe Shelley being somewhere else helped Tom concentrate on the task at hand.

South River GC Aerial

View from the back fence.....

The Georgia State Shoot is this week and it looks like I might be able to go. I have never been and they have a great BBQ dinner on Saturday night. The details have not been worked out yet and the weather looks great for Saturday and Sunday. They wave their 10 traps and that might be interesting. The same crew that worked at the Dogwood will be working the GA State shoot for the first time and that is a good thing for sure.

Ray Gaultney showed up Saturday for a visit and it sure was great to see him and he wasn’t wearing one of his wide brimmed hats. He looked good and we discussed some heart related issues since my AFIB scare about a month ago. In fact I need to see if I have his phone number to ask a few more questions……

Ok that is about it for now and I hope everybody has a great week. Going to be busy for me trying to get out of town for the weekend. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Ronnie and until next week………………Smokem