May 8th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

May 8th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning to all and what a cool weekend in North Carolina along with snow reported in the NC Mountains by Morgan Shaw. LCP has no weekly BIG50 report due to a trap problem and Coharie had a big old good one in Clinton.

LCP will hopefully shoot their BIG50 this Wednesday the 10th and Buckhorn and Rockingham shoot the 13th and the 14th. Jimmy will send his info out and normally Dan Johnson will post the info here. RCGC’s info is already up and will be sent via the ATA distribution list.

Al Williams punching Marty Hill to the 24.5

Coharie shot Saturday and they had a record breaking crowd. 29/28/11 stepped to the line with Brandon Matthews winning the singles with a 99, Jim Wilson out flipping Marty Hill and a Pat Childers forfeit for the caps win with 93’s and Brandon winning the doubles with a 95 and Marty Hill winning the HOA with a 280x300. Mash this link for the scores….. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2201

Jeff Galloway At The Buccaneer Gun Club

Jeff Galloway paid a visit to the Buccaneer Gun Club to certify the traps for ATA registered shoots. I published the pictures Jeff sent under NC Gun Club News or mash this link…. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2203

The South Carolina State Shoot cranks up the 17th and runs through the 21st. I visited the club on the way to Georgia and will publish the pix of the newly remodeled clubhouse and kitchen area. Like I may have mentioned the banks will start with trap 3&4 and all the traps will be used down the line including the original trap #8 now trap number 10. Always a good time in South Carolina and I hope to see you there.

Uncle Pete came to visit me at Buncombe with his grandson......2010

Ok that is about it for this week and I hope everyone has a great week. My Uncle Pete is not doing too well and I might be traveling to see him this week. The last time I dropped by his place on the Swannanoa River I had shot trap at the Buncombe County GC and JC was with me.

Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Ronnie and until next week…………….Smokem