Memorial Day Smoke Report 2017

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

Memorial Day Smoke Report 2017

Post by smokem »

Memorial Day Monday and I would like to thank all military personnel both past and present for their service to our great country. Without you the freedoms we take for granted would not be possible. Durham County along with Watauga and LCP shot with LCP’s BIG50 Wednesday and The Doug House shoot this Sunday at Charlie Brown’s Gun Club.

Durham County shot Saturday and Ronnie Manuel won the singles with a 99, caps with a 93 and the HOA with a 274. Cameron Clifton (yes Cameron Clifton) won the doubles with a 91 and stated that he hasn’t shot trap in a year. Cameron lives and works in New York City and it was great to see him name on the leaderboard again.

I published LCP’s shoot report for last week’s BIG50 and hopefully Watauga will get there scores up shortly. Oh, Buckhorn hosted a shoot for the AIM kids and that shoot report has been published also thanks to Dan Johnson. It was Miller Time with John winning the 1st 100 singles with a 98, Karole hammering the next singles event with a 99 and winning the HOA. Dan managed to win the doubles with a 93 and glad to see Jeri Wilson’s name on the leaderboard.

Doug House Shoot is SUNDAY the 4th......

Doug House inducted in 1991 with Jack King and Jim Brown

LCP shoots their BIG50 this Wednesday and the Doug House Memorial will be shot this Sunday at the Charlie Brown Gun Club. Doug House was North Carolina’s first ATA President and was a great man and competitor. When I was a kid I had the honor of leading squads that he shot in and he occasionally bought me in a Calcutta or three……

Thursday night 2016

The North Carolina State Trapshoot is upon us and just around the corner. I believe all camping spots have been sold and a crowd is expected. Folks might be giving the NC Homegrounds a test drive prior to the Dixie Grand this October. Pre-Squad is up and running so go get your squad entered into the system before time runs out. Here is a link to info from 2016 - https://tarheeltrap.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2002

Ok that is about it for this week and currently at the beach about 8 floors up at Broadway At The Beach. Right now a storm is rolling in from the mainland and could be a little stormy going back home. I hope everybody has a great Holiday and a great week. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Ronnie and until next week…………………………………….Smokem…..