June 5th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

June 5th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Monday morning is here and just a few days away from the North Carolina State Shoot at the Homegrounds. Everyone is getting geared up for the trip and the weather is looking great all 5 days……

I have info from Watauga, LCP and the Doug House shoot and thanks to those that posted their shoot reports. Tom Pitts posted the WGC info from the 27th and it looks like George Ponton was on fire winning the singles, caps and HOA with Morg Shaw taking the doubles.

LCP hosted their weekly BIG50 and David Barron continues to wreak havoc in the singles with Rich Long winning the caps with Barron coming in second. No BIG50 this week due to the NC State Shoot…..

Happy Birthday to Charlie Brown and he is 77 years young. The Doug House Shoot cranked up Sunday and Al Bost broke his first 100 straight in singles and then broke a 25 to win the singles in a shootoff. 20 yard shooter Brian DeMott broke a solid 98 to win the handicap and Jeff Galloway won the doubles with a 97.

The 104th Annual North Carolina State Trapshoot starts Wednesday the 7th and it looks like the weather is going to be great. All the camping spots have been sold and not sure exactly how many folks have pre-squadded for the events. I would imagine we will see a few new faces due to the Dixie Grand in October. Folks like to do a little recon before a big event like the Dixie. Here is the link to the program and the scores from the 2016 shoot in case you like to see who won…..Program - http://nctrap.com/17state.pdf - Scores - http://nctrap.com/16state.pdf

This is Georgia shooter Emily Rankin holding the GA/AL Handicap belt buckle. This young lady won both the Georgia and Alabama open handicap honors with 97’s. I would imagine she will be appearing at our NC State Shoot this week. Great shooting young lady……

Ok folks that is about it and I will do my best to post pictures of the winners and miscellaneous info as it is available from the State Shoot. I should be there sometime and not exactly sure when….Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Ronnie and until next week…………………………Smokem