July 3rd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 3rd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope you are enjoying this 4th of July Holiday. Two shoots last week with LCP’s BIG50 and Buckhorn’s shoot on the 2nd. Three shoots this week with LCP’s BIG50 the 5th and Rockingham shooting the 8th and 9th.

I post the LCP info each week and David “Beeman” Barron is still shooting well and even slipped down to the Aynor club Saturday to win all events. Hopefully he will be able to make it to the Zone in a few weeks.

Tom Pitts posted the official scores from Boone last week and we appreciate him filling in all the blanks from the info Morg Shaw sent me. Please folks take your smart out and send me pictures from these shoots…..

Karole Miller Birthday Cake – Dan is off to the side with the fire extinguisher…….

BGC shot Saturday and had a good turnout. 13/11/12 participated with Dan winning the singles with a 100, Darvin Cornett winning the caps with a 96 and James Wilson winning the 100 pair doubles event with a 194…..Karole Miller will celebrate a birthday Monday and they had yummy stuff for all. Not sure who was in charge of birthday spanking…..but I imagine it was Big John…..

I have been getting bits and pieces of info but it looks like Jan Schultz is on the mend and I know Bob and Jan appreciate all the prayers that have been sent their way. It is a tough time for all when one of the trapshooting community is having medical issues.

I have been keeping up with NC shooters this week and it looks like Bill Howe made it to the Wyoming State Shoot and Brian Luther showed up from New York. I have not seen Bills name on the leaderboard but Brian has won several trophies since he arrived.

VA State Shoot Singles Squad……

The VA State shoot is over and 13 NC shooters attended. Noah Gouge broke his first 200 and broke a 199 in the 100 pair doubles event. Jeff Galloway won the Open AA Singles Saturday with a 197 and was only three off the top score of 200 posted by Ohio’s Pat McCarthy. Oh, Noah won the HOA and was 12 birds ahead of the VA HOA winner Glen Funkhouser…..Update 7/4/2017 - Learned that Noah won the Championship Doubles with the lone 100 and David Miller won B Class Doubles with a 95... Guido broke a 94 so he probably won SubJr....Good shooting guys....

The Kentucky State Shoot is over and 19 200 straights were posted in the Championship Singles Saturday. From what I hear Aaron Willoughby’s dad Tony won the KY State Singles Crown after a 125 bird shootoff. Keith Ditto was the HOA winner and Tank Polson was only one off with a 1268. Four 99’s, eight 98’s and 12 97’s were posted in the caps and 19 96’s…….Not sure how that all wound up but KY is a hotspot it looks like.

JC Nunn & Bob Batke - 2005

I failed to mention last week that Wooster Ohio trap shooter Bob Batke had passed away. He was 83 and had a massive stroke in his home. Bob shot at the NC HOF, NC State Shoot and the South Carolina State Shoot. He was a true gentleman and he will be sorely missed for sure. He had some equilibrium issues which limited his ability to shoot and play golf. I would call him at least four times a year to check on him and see how he was doing…….JC and Bob knotted up at the 2005 HOF the year JC had both of his eyes fixed. JC and Bob broke 96’s and had to go an extra round to break the tie with JC the winner. Pictures are worth a thousand words and I sure am glad I was there to capture the picture above.

Well the Zone is just a week away and I know we will have folks showing up to recon the Homegrounds. All the scores from 2016 are posted on http://www.nctrap.com so if you want to see who was hot last year please go take a look. I hope everybody has a great 4th and please be careful around fireworks. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week………………………………..Smokem