August 21st Eclipse Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 21st Eclipse Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Eclipse day and I hope you have your glasses ready. I don’t want to hear the excuse of I wouldn’t have missed that bird if I hadn’t looked at the eclipse. Several shoots last week with LCP’s BIG50 and monthly shoot, Buccaneer’s BIG50 and Rockingham’s monthly and BIG50 shoot.

First, I want to apologize for not reporting the passing of Ray Laughters. I posted all his info in “Finished Careers” and he was one heck of a man. He will surely be missed and another trapshooter is gone. He shot his last registered birds in March 2017 at the Kettlefoot Gun Club.

Pat Childers is back and sporking out shoot reports from the BIG50’s and I posted three in Trapshooting Results. They shot their monthly shoot Saturday and I will have a shoot report next Monday along with the BIG50 report for Buccaneer.

Rockingham shot Saturday and Sunday and here is some info from the two events. Saturday was a little hot and a little breeze was much appreciated. Ted Carwile broke 100 in the singles, Lane Murray got a punch for a 93 and Ray Yazdi broke a solid 95 to secure the doubles. Tommy Brown took the HOA. Sunday was a little cooler and the wind showed up for the caps. Chris Shoulars and Steve Morgan tied for hi-gun with 92’s, Scott Shoulars took the mid-lewis and Joel White hit the low-lewis. The Rock will host a BIG50 the Sunday of Labor Day with a chicken wing feast. If you plan to attend please contact Lane Murray or Scott Shoulars to make sure enough chickens shed their wings…

Last but not least the Watauga Gun Club will shoot this Saturday and I have got a hall pass to ride up the hill. Hopefully the weather will be good and there will be smoke in the holler. Tom Pitts will get the program posted and if you have never been to Watauga you are missing out.
Also, LCP will shoot Wednesday and maybe the weather will cooperate with their event……

That is about it for this week and I hope everybody enjoys the eclipse. Some states are promoting watching the eclipse and enjoying smoking a doobie. What is this world coming to I ask? Have a great week and hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week……………………………Smokem