September 11th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 11th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning on the 9/11/2017 edition of the smoke report. Most of us can remember exactly where we were and what we were doing on that day. I had recently had knee surgery and was sitting watching the news when I got to see the second plane hit. Not sure how you felt or what you think actually happened but that was something we as a country will never forget.

Also, don’t forget the folks in Texas still trying to recover from Harvey and to all those in the path of Irma. We have relatives and trapshooting friends in both areas and I hope all are safe. NCHOF member Sandy Mitchell escaped any damage and had no flooding in his immediate area.
Several shoots coming up this week with LCP’s BIG50 Wednesday the 13th and Durham County, Coharie and Rockingham shooting Saturday they 16th. Rockingham also has their monthly BIG50 the 17th starting at 2PM.

Next on tap is the North Carolina Hall Of Fame shoot 9/21 – 9/24. Jackie Roush and Ron Wilson will be inducted in to the Hall Of Fame and it is well deserved. Jackie was very involved in promoting trapshooting and was one heck of a shot. Ron Wilson is such a nice man and has been very involved in NC trapshooting for many years. I was in his squad when he broke his first 100 straight and that was quite an experience.

That is about it for this week and we sure escaped the wrath of Irma…..fingers crossed. Two days of rain in the forecast with some wind and I will take it……Have a great week and hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week…………………smokem…