October 2nd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 2nd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

NC Homegrounds - Bostic NC

Good morning from Jamestown North Carolina and I hope you had a great weekend. LCP shot Wednesday and the shoot report has been posted. What a windy cool weekend in the old Tarheel State and it looks like the weather is going to be great this week.

The Dixie Grand cranks up Tuesday and continues through the weekend. The 2017 Dixie held in January in Odessa Florida was well attended and great scores were broken throughout the week. Devon Harris won the doubles with a 99, Dave Shaeffer won the singles with a 200 straight, Peter Cukan won the caps with a 99. That left the HAA that was won by Dave Shaeffer with a 394 and the HOA was won by Justin Slater with a 965.

I know there was a lure to travel to Florida in January to get away from the cold weather up North and even down South. We surely hope that contestants will enjoy our hospitality and the mountains of North Carolina. Tons of work have gone into preparing the Homegrounds for this event that included a new camping area and two new competition traps.

I looked at pre-squad and some of the big names in trapshooting are headed to North Carolina. All-Americans and wannabe All-Americans will be knotted up vying for those elusive AA points. Who will emerge the winner only time and targets will tell. I hope to get some great pictures and will capture some of the excitement at the HG.

I believe opening ceremonies will be held Wednesday morning and I hope someone can capture that on video. I know that Lane Murray will be snapping pix of the festivities since I will be arriving a little later in the week.

From what I can tell more than 300 have been signed up for Saturdays singles and that number is sure to go higher. I am on squad #2 and it looks like it will be about 62 degrees and I hope the wind is still early in the morning.

Continue to remember Jan Schultz, JT Brewer and Lewis Wyatt in your prayers this week. I dropped by to see JT Friday and he is having a tough time coping with his limited mobility at this time. He was always on the go and at the gun club. He is at Moses Cone and ask for Jesse Brewer if you would like to call him.

That is about it for now and I hope everyone has a great week and I hope to see some of you at the Dixie Grand. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week……………………..smokem…………