October 9th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 9th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning from Jamestown North Carolina and I hope it is dry where you are. Quite a week for trapshooting in North Carolina with the Dixie Grand wrapping up Sunday. Two BIG 50’s with Rockingham County and Buccaneer shooting Sunday. Rockingham will not hold their registered shoot this weekend.

I really cannot do justice on what just happened at the North Carolina Homegrounds at Bostic. What a GREAT effort by all parties involved including the ATA, NCTA, NCHOF, Dave’s Fishcamp, Fat Traceys BBQ and all the vendors that attended the event.

The shoot ran great with minimal trap issues and the weather was great except for a little rain on Saturday and even a little more rain Sunday. Not exactly sure on all the attendance numbers and quite a few folks pulled out Sunday in fear of heavy rain.

Great scores were broken all week with a 100 winning the Championship Doubles, 200 winning the Singles and a lone 99 winning the handicap. The official shoot report should be posted today or Tuesday and you will be able to take a look at that. We had folks attend from all over and met folks from Illinois, WVA, Colorado, Kentucky, Tennessee, Maryland, New York and the list goes on and on.

I have about 800 pictures to post and I hope to start working on that tonight. I heard nothing but good things about the shoot and folks promised to be back for the Dixie in 2018 and might even attend other NC Homeground Shoots.

Please continue to pray for Jan Schultz, JT Brewer and Lewis and if you get a chance drop them a note or a text or even a call. Fishcamp Dave did the devotional Sunday morning and it was a good time.

That is about it folks and have a great week. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week…………………….Smokem