December 18th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 18th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and by this time next week it will be Christmas Day. Lot of excitement this time of year with all the shopping and lights and tons of food. That is one neat thing about trapshooting there always seems to be good food nearby.

I have posted the shoot report for LCP’s BIG50 and here is the link to the NCTA shoot calendar. It is really filling up for 2018 and it looks like a lot of shooting in the Tarheel State. Here is the calendar link - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Remember Jan Schultz, Lewis Wyatt, JT Brewer and Jimmy Wilson is having the other knee replaced today the 18th. I spoke with him briefly Sunday night and he said he would be barking orders at their shoot the 31st of this month.

Marty & Radar

I took the time to post two photos on Facebook that I had of Marty Hill’s beloved Radar. Radar passed and I missed posting the info here on the smoke report. Mac Herring brought it to my attention and for those of you that don’t use FB you missed the info. Mac sent me a picture that he took of the pair and thanks for the picture Mac.

Picture taken in the clubhouse at the Silver Dollar Gun Club.. Earl is the 4th on right.....

I got a Christmas card from Earl and Belinda Scripture and it was the first card of the 2017 season. I also friended Belinda on Facebook and got to see some pix of Earl and he is aging gracefully. He was one heck of a shooter and really enjoyed seeing him and Belinda at the South Carolina State Shoot when they were working the shoot.

Gene Hapney AKA Hap McTweaks

For several years I say hello to a few folks and that format has changed over the years. They are Lou in Florida, Hap in Nevada, Scott in PA and Ronnie in NC. Gene Hapney has a nephew Lonnie Hapney that shoots in South Carolina and I met Hap at the Grand in Ohio many moons ago. I ran across this photo of Gen and his brothers in a Trap & Field at the Buckhorn Gun Club several years ago. Gene is still competeing and winning at his ripe age……….Merry Christmas sir……

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR – Pull - Lost

Old wintertime is here and we have already had a taste of the white stuff. Our Northern brethren shoot through the winter and I have seen actual heated shelters that overhang the 27 yardline so they can shoot games in the dead of winter…Maybe we will get some pictures of North Carolina folks breaking clay in the snow. If you are there please send me a picture and it will be included in the smoke report.

Shooting Chart

I created this many years ago and thought I would use it to predict upcoming weather for shooting events. But I figured I didn’t want to discourage folks from shooting in the rain, sleet, snow or wind and fog. So I scrapped it but figured I would at least post it for your viewing pleasure…..

We are coming to the end of another year and we have a lot to be thankful for here in North Carolina. We have a great trapshooting community and some great trapshooting clubs here in the state. Nobody can deny that we have one of the best Homegrounds anywhere around without a doubt. The Dixie Grand was a huge success and the word has really gotten out about shooting in our State.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas holiday and will be looking for all those new smokepoles on the line real soon. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until the next time…………………………….Smokem