December 31st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 31st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

NOTE: The BIG50 at Low Country Preserve has been cancelled due to COLD weather....Just read the email at 11:40AM Tuesday.....FYI

Happy New Year folks and 2018 is finally here and it is cold. I sure am glad no moisture was in place or we could have experienced some of the white stuff. LCP hosted their monthly BIG50 and Buckhorn shot Sunday with both shoot reports posted.

Buckhorn had a good turnout even though it was bitter cold. Jimmy Wilson mad his debut after his recent knee replacement and he looked good resting on the couch. Boone shooters made their presence known with Brian Kellner winning the singles and Jason Dancy winning the caps. Dan won the doubles and the HOA donning a blaze orange beanie…. Morg Shaw was nice enough to send me some pictures and some are posted below and others are in the shoot report.

James Wilson on the mend…

Johnson Squad – Dan on 5

Abominable Snow Karole

Hearty Squad of shooters…..

Caps Squad

Clay Killer Kellner

With 2018 here, the shoots will be a little less frequent during the winter months. I will continue to post the link to the NCTA shoot calendar and some clubs will be posting their shoot programs here on tarheeltrap.com. If you have a question about a shoot date or whether the event has been cancelled due to weather always contact a club representative if there is any doubt. Most of that info is located on the http://www.nctrap.com website in the club section.

NC Trapshooters have a lot to look forward to in the New Year and the Homegrounds will host the HOF, State Shoot, Zone and the Dixie Grand. Getting those targets in are important to avoid having to shoot penalty class of penalty yardage at the bigger shoots. If you have questions about the requirements for targets, contact your delegate or the ATA for details.

That is about it and I hope your 2018 starts off with a bang. Please remember Jan Schultz, JT Brewer, Lewis Wyatt and Ken Rhynes family. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next time………………Smokem