January 15th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 15th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

ATTENTION: The registered trapshoot scheduled for January 21st at the Buckhorn Gun Club has been cancelled as per Jimmy Wilson.

Good morning from Jamestown NC and I hope you had a great weekend. LCP shot Wednesday and the shoot info is posted. Here is the link to the newly updated shoot calendar that shows the shoot for Buckhorn on the 21st. http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Jimmy Wilson sent out his email blast and Dan posted the shoot program on the website. Weather is looking really good with temps in the 60’s and partly sunny and that sounds better than partly cloudy. Good chance to get in some 2018 birds early in the year.

These pix below were taken on January 2nd 2011 when Russell Nuti paid a visit and Dan Johnson was there. At that time I believe Dan was living in PA not shooting registered birds like he is now…….like from 2008 – 2011…..

Three Amigos

Dead Bird

Dan Johnson

A few folks to keep in your prayers and they include Jan Schultz, Susan Thigpen, Lewis Wyatt, JT Brewer and I hope I didn’t miss anyone…..I did and Danny Lloyd called to tell me he is having surgery Tuesday. He went outside and attempted to go down his back stairs. He was holding on and favoring one leg and wound up falling on the other leg.

He wound up tearing his kneecap loose and is looking at 6 weeks of recovery and of course rehab. He also told me about the rain/ice/snow storm that rolled in and it pretty much paralyzed the Oriental area. He said it started as rain and abruptly switched over to sleet and then snow. About 4 inches of accumulation and then the freeze…..I know he is itching to get out and shoot as soon as he gets better…….

I talked to Bill Howe Saturday and we talked a little about Ken Rhyne and if there were any details about his passing. We still do not have any details and no relatives were listed in the obituary. I did not really realize that Bill and Ken traveled to shoots together and he had a funny story about Ken and Snake. He said that they went somewhere to shoot and evidently when Bill woke up in the motel room Ken’s companion Snake was laying in the bed with Bill.

Silver Dollar is hosting an open money shoot January 24-28 right after their Hall Of Fame shoot. With the Dixie moving to North Carolina they added a shoot to pad their shoot schedule leading up to the Southern Grand. Here is the link to their website for more information. http://silverdollartrap.com And here is the link to the Money Shoot - http://silverdollartrap.com/wp-content/ ... r-Open.pdf

The pix below are from the 2008 Dixie Grand when Jimmy I believe broke a 199 in the singles and Jeri took the Dixie Grand Handicap Runner-Up…

Hot Shot Squad

Jeri’s 96 paid well………

Bingo

Jimmy's 199 at the top of the board.......

Jimmy plotting and planning……

Silver Dollar

Even JBird shot well with that 95…..

JBird flirting at the Orange Shop

Ok that is about it for this week and we might get a little dusting of snow Tuesday night and Wednesday morning but a warmup for the weekend. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week………………………….smokem