January 22nd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 22nd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Looks like the weather changed for the better over the weekend. After weeks of frigid weather and then a snow dump in the middle of the week what more could you ask for? I can still hear the weather guy on the radio saying – 1 inch overnight with another inch on Wednesday tapering off by noon…..and to think that guy still has a job.

I hope everyone had a great week nonetheless and ready for some better weather this week. A couple of events this week in North Carolina and here is the link to the NCTA Official shoot calendar - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf The calendar is filling up and shoots for the Rockingham Gun Club should be posted soon.

Charlotte Rifle&Pistol Club

I looked at the calendar and noticed that there are BIG50 events listed for Charlotte. I did a little digging and here is the link to the website for the club - http://cr-pc.org/ There is no club info listed in NCTRAP.com and I reached out to the club to get info to Terry to post on his site. That has always been the go to spot for club information and directions.

The Silver Dollar Gun Club in Odessa Florida is up and running and the Hall Of Fame shoot ended yesterday. Attendance looked down during the early part of the program but recovered for the championship events. 196 won res and 199 nonres in the singles. 94 won res 95 won nonres doubles and 95 won res and 94 won nonres in the caps. The Silver Dollar Open cranks up the 24th and here is the link to the website so you can follow all the scoring - http://rjstuart.com

I talked a bit with Jim Daughtridge Friday and we got caught up on a few topics including shooting at the Gastonia range. He mentioned that it might have gone to mostly a skeet program since no trap shoots have been scheduled this year. We also talked about the Charlotte club and lo and behold I read they will be registering ATA targets. Jim told me a story about the Grand in Vandalia and it involves Ken Rhyne. Jim said he jumped on a trolley in Vandalia and sat beside a young lady shooter and her mother. She was telling her mom about a fellow she met that had a “wood” rib on his Kolar. Jim perked up and joined in on the conversation to mention that that wood rib had been created in Jim’s shop by Ken Rhyne……small world…

I have been sifting through new accounts and some old accounts for this site. I have deleted about 20 BOT accounts and have been emailing valid accounts to confirm who they are and what they would like their password to be. I am still working on those accounts and thanks for your patience. I have a ton of cleaning up to do and need to work on adding to the Hall of Fame section of the site.

Continue to pray for Jan Schultz and Lewis Wyatt has been laying low due to his low blood count. He is trying to stay away from any sickness during his time of recovery. Danny Lloyd’s surgery went well, and he is using a knee brace for about 6 weeks of his recovery period. I visited JT Brewer Saturday and he is looking good and working on his rehab. Have not heard how Jimmy Wilson is doing but I am sure he will rehab, and that new knee will be stronger than ever.

That is about it for this week folks and January is almost over. I am not saying more real winter weather is ahead but with two months to go all bets are off…. Have a great week and hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week……………smokem…….