February 19th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 19th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Nothing could be finer than to shoot Trap in North Carolina……That is correct and what a crazy weather weekend with a 40 degree drop and then a 60-degree Sunday. Just a month and a half till warmer weather and I cannot wait…

Buckhorn Gun Club Birthday Bash

Shoot reports have been submitted for LCP and the Birthday Bash at Buckhorn. I posted some pictures that were provided by Morg Shaw and thanks again Morg. Looks like Marty Hill is tweaking a Seitz and Darvin Cornett was trying to call for targets like Andrew Carroll. Somebody said they could hear it from the porch. A couple of events in NC this week so check out the NCTA shoot calendar here - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Shooters always enjoy target attainment awards and Randy Boone Jones broke his 90,000th doubles target at Buckhorn Sunday. Of course, he won’t get the pin and the certificate until 100,000 but he is on his way. I was at Watauga when he broke his 100,000th singles target and have pictures to prove it. I noticed that Kentucky shooter Tank Polson got his award for 200,000 singles targets at Tuscon AZ…..

Hunter Galloway at the Spring Grand

I got a call from Hunter Saturday and he was in the DFW Texas airport. He was on one plane and his wife and Bob Goodman were on another flight headed to Tucson. Not quite sure how that happened but they all got to their destination safely. He wont be shooting until Thursday after all the ATA meetings are over.

The Spring Grand started the 14th I believe and runs through the 25th. Great scores and one guy is like 500 straight in the singles so far. No shooters from NC in attendance but I believe Noah Gouge should be arriving very soon according to his post on Facebook. Here is a direct link to the shoot scoreboard that is available through Trapshooters.com - http://shootscoreboard.com/menu.cfm?shootid=627

Last but not least please continue to pray for Jan Schultz, JT Brewer and Lewis Wyatt……Lewis actually got out to the Rock and shot 100 targets on Thursday. I have not talked to him since to see how he did.

Info has been posted on a Nora Ross and Harlan Campbell Clinic. Not sure if they are filled up but they might be close. So take a look if you are interested and get signed up before it is too late….

Have a great week everybody and if I find out any info from the Spring Grand we will try to pass it along. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week…………..Smokem