February 26th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 26th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello and another winter Olympics in the record books. Same number of gold medals won this year as in the Sochi Olympics with one exception……curling….. There is one shoot report posted from last week and here is the link to the NCTA shoot calendar……… http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Spring Grand just wrapped up and with the way the scores are reported you really cannot tell who won what. Here is the link to the shooter scoreboard and you can figure it out…… http://shootscoreboard.com/menu.cfm?shootid=627

Noah Gouge celebrated his birthday at the event and not sure what all he won. Hunter Galloway said that the temp Saturday morning for the singles was 37 degrees. He was headed back to GSO and was in Texas about 7PM Sunday night. Some of the ATA’s executive committee had some issues getting back home and one spent the night in the DFW airport.

If you are wanting to get a clinic in before the meat of the trapshooting season begins you have a few to choose from. The Harlan Campbell clinic has one spot open at the time of this report. The Nora Ross clinic in Charlotte and Polk County still have openings available……I do not have the dates or the details on the Nora Ross clinic at Polk County and hope to publish that info soon….

Continue to pray for Jan Schultz, Lewis Wyatt, JT Brewer and I got a call from Steve Karas Sunday and he lives in Tucson AZ. He really enjoyed trapshooting until his stroke and tried to compete even after his episode. He is a great guy and tries to keep a good upbeat outlook on life and he does attend Church.

Just as a side note I know pretty much everybody knows Reverend Billy Graham passed away. Samaritans purse supplies relief worldwide and has a fleet of planes. Two of their pilots visited our church several weeks ago and today four of their pilots attended the service. They are in town to transport the body to Washington and then back to Charlotte for the service Saturday. An interesting job for sure and most of these guys are retired commercial airline pilots.

That is about it for this week and I hope everybody is looking forward to warmers temps but maybe not this week. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week………..smokem