March 19th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 19th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Is it Spring yet with a chance of winter weather again? Last week when Boone got another 10 inches Snowshoe WVA got 19”. I guess we lucked up and missed the frozen precip for now anyway.

Several shoots last week including LCP, Charlotte and Buckhorn. Currently the Buckhorn shoot report is posted and thanks Dan Johnson. Several shoots coming up this week and here is the link to the NCTA Official shoot calendar. http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Lewis Wyatt - 25,000th handicap target - Brushy Mountain Gun Club

Lewis Wyatt reached a milestone Saturday when he broke his 25,000th ATA registered handicap trap target at the Brushy Mountain Gun Club. Mrs. Wyatt took pictures and I will try to get them posted as soon as I can get my photobucket account to work. He also managed to make to the Buckhorn shoot on Sunday…..

Noah Gouge - Jennifer Wilburn and Frank Pascoe on St. Patrick's Day Southern Grand

The Southern Grand is over, and it was well attended. The weather was cool and windy at times and got warmer as the week progressed. Noah Gouge won the Doubles Championship with the lone 100 and won the HAA and HOA and had to shootoff with Harlan Campbell after they tied with 391’s. Jeff Galloway, Jim Faber and even Jim Dotson took some trophies home from the Dollar. Here is the link to the rjstuart website so you can check out all of the info….. http://rjstuart.com/pages/trophies2018.htm

Getting some learning at the Watauga Gun Club.....

Morgan Shaw had his Blue Ridge Clay Breakers out Sunday. He sent me some pictures of the Watauga Gun Club and the team. I will post the pictures when I get them uploaded. It looked like the weather was great and maybe a little cool in the valley.

Scott Holdren and his wife made a trip out of attending the Southern Grand and will be staying around to shoot the Florida State Shoot. Several other Konne-Yaut couples were at the Southern Grand including Mo and Marilyn Kephart and Henry and Black Siemianowski. Scott and Helen are staying offsite at the Weeki Wachee campground and I hear it is really nice. Good luck to them as they shoot the Florida State Shoot.

Ok that is about it for this week and we have about 30 Honda Jet employees showing up this Saturday to get a few instructions on trapshooting. Should be a fun time and hopefully some will get the bug.

Have a great week everybody and I hope it snows a foot. Hello to Lou and Scott in Florida, Hap and Cousin Ronnie and until next week……………………Smokem