April 9th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 9th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Is it really Spring yet with the threat of snow over the weekend? Maybe Spring is finally here and the warmer shooting weather can begin. One shoot report on the site with LCP reporting and a lot of shooting this weekend in North Carolina. Mash on this link for all the shoot action this week. http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Jan Slough from South Carolina gave me a bit more info on Buddy Poteat and evidently cancer took him to the gun club in the sky. I took a picture of Buddy, Paul Rollins and Mike Harrelson to recreate a picture that appeared on Trap & Field in the maybe late 60’s or early 70’s. Jan also said that Mike’s wife was not doing well and please pray for them at this time. They have been married for over 50 years.

On that same note please continue to pray for Jan Schultz, JT Brewer and Lewis Wyatt. Not quite sure who all else is ailing and please let me know if you are aware of anybody under the weather.

The Southwest Grand is over, and it looks like they had some wind and rain and some of the scores showed it. Two North Carolina shooters participated, and they were Robin Dallenbach and Mark Polojac. I believe Mark might have won a place in one of the handicap events. I have included the link to take a look at all of the winners. http://shootscoreboard.com/files/COMBIN ... hootid=634

As stated before there is a lot of shooting going on this week with LCP, Rockingham and Buccaneer with BIG50’s and Coharie, Buckhorn and Rockingham with typical 300 target programs. Mac sent out his shoot info and he runs a great shoot and always provides a great lunch. BGC always runs a great shoot and always provides a tasty lunch for all. Rockingham is hosting the 2018 NC State SCTP Championship with the competition based on 100 singles targets. Not sure just how many are going to show up and it ought to be great fun for all.

Pre-Squad is still open for the Hall of Fame Shoot and I checked out the South Carolina State and the GA State Pre-Squad. Looks like they are filling up quick and should be well attended. I hope to make it to the HOF shoot but might have another event to attend.

That is about it for now and I hope everybody has a great week. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week……Smokem