April 30th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 30th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

NC Homegrounds Sunday

Another chilly morning here in North Carolina and I hope you had a great weekend. Some folks enjoyed the 28th Annual North Carolina Hall of Fame and others really missed out on a great 4 days of competition. Not sure of the total attendance but the shift from September was a great idea in my opinion.

If you are wondering who won the main events here you go. Steve Watson broke the only 100 of the day and added a 98 to win the singles. Sunday morning was cool and breezy and some even decided to skip the event. Tommy Brown and George Reese (TN) managed to break 93 and went an extra 20 to decide the eventual winner Tommy Brown. SubJr Charles Pennington won the caps with a lone 93 and got a yard punch for his efforts. Will Price and Jeff Galloway broke 92’s and shotoff with Will taking the Runner-Up award. As for the HOA Jeff Galloway got off to a slow start in singles Saturday with a 192 and went 8/8 on his last two posts of doubles for a 90. He went 43 out his first 50 of caps then went 24/25 for a 92. That 374 wasn’t too shabby considering the conditions over the championship weekend. Neil Alexander won the Open award with a 366 and with Charlie Brown and Tommy Brown at 365.

The HOF was great and hats off to all the folks that made this event possible. Some get to the Homegrounds early and leave late to make sure the shoot runs smoothly. There are just too many people to name but rest assured I appreciate the efforts. The NC State Shoot is just around the corner with Georgia and South Carolina about to crank it up.

Several shooting events in North Carolina this week and please check the NCTA shoot calendar for all events. One event that is listed is a shoot at the Charlie Brown Gun Club on May 6th. I talked to Charlie Friday and he informed me that the shoot had been cancelled. Word on the street is that the area surrounding the club is or has been logged and the Sunday date might pose an issue for noise to the local area and possibly a local Church. Hopefully they can work something out in the near future.

Prayer list includes Will Price’s wife Sherry, Jan Schultz, JT Brewer, Lewis Wyatt and continue to remember Mike Harrelson in South Carolina. If I am not mistaken David Millers wife was also in need of prayer.

I have posted a slideshow of pictures of Sunday and they will be posted in trapshoot results under the HOF thread.
That is it and I hope everybody has a great week and maybe it will warm up a little by Saturday. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week………Smokem