May 21st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

May 21st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good evening from a soggy Jamestown North Carolina. Got a good night sleep Sunday night after a day of shooting and driving in some rain last night. It is always nice to be able to go to a trapshoot and great to get back home.

A couple of BIG50 shoots last week and several on the calendar for this weekend. Evidently LCP is cutting back from hosting BIG50 events every week. Pat was working himself to death and maybe the new schedule will get more folks on the line.

The North Carolina State trapshoot is just a few weeks away and folks that missed South Carolina due to the threat of rain that never happened got extra shells and money to spend. This shoot should be a big old good one and pray the weather is GREAT…..for all 5 days!

South Carolina was great and if you take time to analyze the scores it shows a couple of things…..Good weather and very little wind except for the rain that rolled in Wednesday. Thursday through Sunday there was rain but it was early in the mornings and late at night. The line was never cleared due to the threat of lightning……..hard to believe and it was even cool at times with a light breeze.

Tammie Wilkins and the Spartanburg club members did an excellent job getting the club ready and it looked great. Target setting was good and not a ton of broken birds, but some traps had a few issues. Trophies were great, and some folks really brought home some hardware. Drew and his crew did a wonderful job as always but have a few things to iron out before the NC State. Fish fry was tasty and there was plenty to go around even with folks finishing after 7 shooting. I have about 200 pix to post and will list those slideshows in the “out of state trap shoots section”.

Please remember the prayer list and also remember Kevin Stephens father in South Carolina. He was admitted to the hospital with internal issues… I did see Mike Harrelson and he discussed his wife passing and shared some early memories of her. He spoke fondly of her as you could imagine and I pray that he will survive this period of grief.

That is about it and I did get the pix from Saturday posted and will post the Sunday pix Tuesday night. Have a great week everybody and hello to Lou, Hap (good shooting), Scott (good shooting in PA), and Cousin Ronnie and until next week……..smokem…..