February 4th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 4th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

February is finally here and wow this weather is great. Freezing one week and shirtsleeve weather the next. Looks like some folks got out to shoot a bit and getting ready for the major shoot schedule for 2019.

Another Superbowl is in the books and for you Patriots fans congrats. After seeing all the Rams players not displaying respect for the National Anthem, I was hoping they got beat like a drum.

Lewis Wyatt is home but very tired and not much of an appetite. The respiratory therapist will be over Monday and hopefully get him breathing better. Remember Jan Schultz, Carolyn Keever, Bob Goodman and the family of Gene Hapney. Gene passed over the weekend and he will be sorely missed.

Picture from Trap & Field when I was at the Buckhorn Gun Club.

The NCTA shoot calendar is filling up with more shoots added since last weeks smoke report. LCP and Buckhorn are giving folks an opportunity to get early 2019 birds in before the state shoots. You don’t have an excuse to not get birds to keep from getting penalized at the larger events. Here is the NCTA “Official” shoot calendar link - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Hats off to Tom Pitts for his efforts in compiling the NC State Team points list and I would imagine an updated list will appear very soon. Here is the list up to date for January - http://nctrap.com/points08.pdf

I am still managing to post a few things on Facebook and we have almost 100 members on that page. Like I stated before it is a closed group and we might open it up when we get a few more users. If you are an avid Facebooker I am looking for a few folks to help me administer the page…..Message me if you are interested and we will figure it out together.

Looks like it is Morgan Shaws birthday and happy birthday to you Morg. Morg is a busy man with family, church, work, club and managing all those hot shot kids. I don’t know how you do it Morg but you manage to get it done.

Ok that will wrap it up for this smoke report and enjoy the weather this week. This will be my last shout out to Gene “Hap McTweaks” Hapney and rest in peace my friend. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie and Anne and until next week……………….smokem