April 1st 2019

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 1st 2019

Post by smokem »

Hello folks and what a nice weekend for getting out to the club. April is upon us and the NCTA shoot calendar is chocked full of shooting events. Several BIG50’s this week with typical 300 target shoot programs starting the 13th. Here is the link to the NCTA shoot calendar - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

A big thanks to Tom Pitts for his Watauga writeup and always appreciate news from the NC mountains. Great to see them bringing the crowd in down in the valley. I noticed that they have a BIG50 scheduled for Monday the 1st and what a way to start off your week.

I got a call from Jim Daughtridge last week and it was great to hear from him. We talked about different things and asked how a few people were including Tracy Sanders. Jim has other interests including riding Harley Davidson motorcycles and at one time had an offshore boat that he did a lot of fishing from. He reads the smoke report and also is a member on the FB group TarHeelTrap….thanks again for the call Jim…

I reached out to Fred Rutherford to see how he was doing, and all is good with him retiring almost 4 years ago. He has a bass boat and pretty much fishes year-round. It was great talking to him, and he has pretty much quit trapshooting and sold all his guns. We discussed the passing of his friend and mine Ray Laughters and also the bigger than life Richard “Pinky” Colley. It is always tough losing your shooting friends, but I know they would want us to carry on. Great talking with you Fred and I hope to see you again someday.

Please keep the following in your prayers. Jan Schultz. Carolyn Keever, Bob Goodman and Lewis Wyatt. I am sure there are others out there probably suffering and we are praying for you also. If you are in the FB group please feel free to post you prayer requests there and we will post them here…..

Ok that is about it for this week and I hope you have a good one. Rockingham GC is hosting an intro to trapshooting Saturday and all are welcome…..Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Lewis and Anne and until next week……..smokem…..