May 13th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

May 13th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

About the middle of May and the hint of steamy warm weather to come is here. Several events over the weekend and the Buckhorn shoot report is up. A couple of BIG50’s this weekend and the South Carolina State shoot in Spartanburg starts Wednesday. Here is the NCTA shoot calendar link - http://www.nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Not a ton of news this week but it looks like the BIG50 programs around the state are really doing well. LCP might be the poster child of BIG50 shoots and now RCGC, Buccaneer, Charlotte and even Watauga are on board and providing a great way to register some birds. We do appreciate shoot results being posted here and some are showing up on the Facebook page also.

The South Carolina State Shoot cranks up Wednesday and normally a good number of NC shooters show up South of the border. SC offers 8 traps that are all basically “different”. They shoot banks and believe me not all banks are alike. Back in the day they would spread the misery out by running 1-3-5-7 and 2-4-6-8 and then swap on the Championship singles Saturday. But you don’t shoot the bank now do you, you shoot the target on the bank you are given. Anyway, please look for us up on the hill behind old #1 which is now the practice trap. I will be running the tents down and will give a pre-shoot smoke report on any happenings at the SGC.

Bob Schultz posted on Facebook that Noah Gouge would be representing the South in the Blue/Gray shootout at the 2019 Grand American. He will be the JrGold shooter and I know he will represent……Not sure that I will get to go this year but with my birthday and anniversary right around grand time it is tough….

Don’t forget our prayer list with Jan Schultz, Carolyn Keever, Lewis Wyatt and Bob Goodman. Lewis came out to set targets Friday evening and he enjoyed riding around the club in the golf cart with the radar gun. We checked them Saturday morning and just a few traps needed a tweak.

A little history was made this weekend at the Rockingham County Gun Club. The SCTP State Singles Championship was held and 6 traps were used to run the event. 3 banks were used, and all ran smoothly, and the new PAT wobble worked great in its debut. With the wobble on trap 6 we will be able to run shoots and allow folks to shoot wobble at the same time.

OK that is about it for this week and my next smoke report might have a little info about the SC State Shoot. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Lewis and Anne and until next week………smokem