June 10th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

June 10th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope your property is safe from all the rain that has fallen across the state. Phil Greene reported that he was listening to the scanner and swift water rescues were happening Saturday night. Well this isn’t the weather report it is the smoke report.

Another NC State Shoot in the books and hats off to the NCTA and HOF for another great event at the NC Homegrounds. The forecast was bad, but the shoot must go on rain or shine. Leading the fight of course was Marty Hill and Jimmy Wilson making things happen.

Now I could go through here and list all the winners but that would take some time. I have included the link to the shoot winners, and it is about 23 pages of great info. Here is the link - http://www.shootscoreboard.com/files/NC ... hootid=768

Prayer list includes Jan Schultz, Carolyn Keever, Lewis Wyatt, Bob Goodman and include me in that list. I arrived Thursday at 5, ate at Scoggins, installed 3 ejector springs with Tommy Brown, checked into the Hampton, took a shower and at 3AM I called 911 to be taken to the local hospital. AFIB and my heart finally stabilized at 11PM Friday night. Thanks to the shooters that reached out to me by phone, text and FB it is appreciated. AFIB is evidently common and several shooters offered great advice for the future……

And the shoots go on with 4 BIG50’s and one registered typical 300 target shoot this week. After shooting the state shoot you can’t let your foot off the gas because the VA/KY state shoots are early July and the Southern Zone is just a month away. Here is the link to the NCTA shoot calendar - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

I am happy to announce that Tom Pitts was presented with the North Carolina Trapshooter Of The Year for 2019. I was not there for the award, but I have to imagine it went like this. Tom over the years has not only competed in trapshooting he has contributed with his skills in managing the 3S shoot software and has always been willing to assist other 3S users run their shoots. He has taken on big responsibility working at the NC Homegrounds running the 3S software on a big scale and managed to win a trophy at the NCSS and working. I could not think of a better person to get this award and I just hate Shelley wasn’t there to see it. Congrats Tom well done.

OK that is about it for this week and I hope the rain stops very soon. Hello to Lou, Scott, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week…….smokem