November 25th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 25th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and here we are looking at the Thanksgiving Holiday. I hope you and yours have a great few days off with friends and family. I always enjoy the food during thanksgiving and wound up eating with the new Sheriff and staff on Thursday in the admin building.

2020 is right around the corner and clubs are providing dates for the 2020 shoot schedule. With all the BIG50 dates and typical 300 target programs and multiday events, there are two calendars. Here are the links to those event calendars. BIG50 - http://nctrap.com/nc_big50.pdf
NCTA shoot calendar - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

I have noticed the word Friendsgiving instead of Thanksgiving. Not sure if that is the PC way of not offending anyone by using the original word. Regardless I know we all have a lot to be thankful for including a roof over our head and good health. For some it might be a struggle for some to make ends meet and some might be suffering financially.

In the trapshooting community we all are blessed to have clubs to practice and compete at and North Carolina is blessed to have one of the nicest homegrounds in the Southeast. It took a lot of blood sweat and tears to make it a reality and the people that oversee it have a great responsibility to manage it.

I never want to take these folks for granted because they must schedule their time off to show up early and wind up being the last to leave. So just a big thanks to all the folks that work so hard to make our big shoots at the HG so successful!

Just a quick note I failed to mention that David Barron had a heart attack and is at home and resting, I think. I did see on Facebook that he killed a deer so not sure just how much he is resting. Also about this time last year Earl Scripture passed away and please remember his widow at this time. Sort of tough to mention but JC Nunn passed in November in 2014 and he is sorely missed by all.

Have a great week everyone and a blessed Thanksgiving. We will be eating at the sisnlaw and then some R&R for a few days. Hello to Lou, Scott in PA, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week……..smokem