December 30th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 30th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Last Monday of 2019 and here comes 2020. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas and looking forward to the New Year. Weather has been pretty nice, and folks have been getting out to use their Christmas gifts.

About this time last year, we created a page on Facebook and at this time we are over 200 members. We appreciate folks checking out this site and the FB page. Not sure how many years we have been writing the smoke report and we hope to continue into the future.

The NCTA shooting calendar is filling up slowly and Rockingham has a planning session the 5th. It takes a lot to put on registered shoots and good help is a must and sometimes hard to find. Over the years we have lost good clubs because help was not available and that puts a strain on all involved. Here are the links to the NCTA shoot calendar and the BIG50 calendar. NCTA shoot link - http://www.nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf - BIG50 link - http://www.nctrap.com/nc_big50.pdf

Buckhorn shoots January 1st, 2020 to bring in the New Year. Weather is looking OK with temps near 50 and partly cloudy. Brushy Mountain Gun Club near Hurt VA is also holding a shoot on New Years Day and that is only about 80 miles from Jamestown.

Looks like the world traveller Tom Shelley is out hunting in Alabama. Dan Johnson has showed up on Facebook recently and he is evidently planning a hunting trip out that way in 2021. I never spent much time out hunting because I was always at the gun club. Good luck to Tom and if you have any interesting stories to share about your hunting trips drop me an email and we will post it.

That is going to do it for this last smoke report of 2019. North Carolina hosted some great shoots in 2019 and I am looking forward to shooting much more in the new year. Keep Lewis Wyatt in your prayers and hello to Lou, Scott, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week……………………smokem