January 13th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 13th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning folks and some of you may not be aware that Morris Carroll passed away on Sunday the 12th. You never want to get a text about someone passing but I got that text from Jimmy Wilson. I have no details on the arrangements, but Jimmy wanted everyone to know that Buckhorn will be closed Saturday the 18th.

Morris was a good shot and a hard worker. He was one of the faithful that opened the club and loaded the houses and did anything he could to make your shooting at Buckhorn an absolute pleasure. He loved to eat beanie-weenies for lunch and you just hoped you had not squadded down wind from him on the handicap. He will be sorely missed and please pray for his family at this time.

I try to keep up with folks and from time to time I will call or email just to say hello. Since I really don’t know who is reading the smoke report, I will assume that some might not know some of the best shooters that aren’t around anymore. One of the best for sure is Sherwood Jenkins and if you check the NC State Shoot program you will see his name many times. I emailed him this week and I really hope he gets out to see us at some of the shoots around the state. Also, I got a request from Tom Wilkinson to be added to the Facebook TarHeelTrap page and it would be great to see him around NC also. There is a lot of history in NC Trapshooting that will be lost if we don’t somehow make a record of it.

The NCTA Calendar is being filled so please take a look and get out and go shooting. If you need birds so you don’t have to shoot penalty it is time to plan now. Here are the links to the NCTA shoot calendar and the BIG50 calendar. NCTA shoot link - http://www.nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf - BIG50 link - http://www.nctrap.com/nc_big50.pdf

Marty Hill posted on Facebook that the NC Home grounds is looking for donations to install two more trap fields on the West end. The goal is $75,000 and work should begin in early Spring. If you would like to donate make your checks to the NCTHOF and write 2 for 2020 on the item line.

That will do it for this week, and I hope everyone is enjoying this warm weather. I imagine we will pay for it very soon with freezing temps and the white stuff. Hello to Lou, Scott, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week………smokem