August 24th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 24th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

August 24th is here, and the weather is typical for this time of year. What is not typical is two hurricanes heading toward the US. Not sure how that is going to go but hopefully NC will get some rain out of it.

Watauga shot Saturday and from what I understand they had a good old big one. Not sure when Morg will post their shoot results and hopefully he will have it up Monday. Now that Pitts is the S3 mastermind at the Homegrounds he is not in charge of penning the shoot report info. You would think with all the souped up phones I could get some pictures from these shoots? Hint – Hint!

You asked for it and you got it! Yes, the North Carolina State Shoot is starting this Wednesday instead of early June. I mean I am glad they rescheduled but August can be awful hot. Looks like all 5 days will be near 90 and you never can count out a good old NC thunderstorm. I know they were looking for paid help and it will be interesting to see who they wound up with to man/woman the line. You can forget about hanging out in the cool comfortable clubhouse so please bring a 10x10 shelter, travel trailer or motorhome. Also remember there are NO water containers on the line so be sure to bring plenty of water or Gatorade in case you get thirsty while mashing them targets.

That is about it for this week and I know there are folks already at the Homgrounds. Back when I was on the board, I got there a day early and enjoyed every minute of it. Of course, I was working every day and that can be a tiresome week. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week…….smokem.