April 26th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 26th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and the weekend weather was both bad and good. Saturday was super wet, and Sunday was super windy. Regardless, it was a good weekend at the NC Homegrounds.

4 days of shooting in the NC mountains and you just never know what kind of weather you will encounter. Jeff Galloway and Marty Hill were both inducted into the NC Hall of Fame and it was about 33 minutes of fun.

Preliminary days on Thursday and Friday were pretty well attended and my friend Dave Daily from Myrtle Beach won the handicap with a 93 on Friday. The forecast for Saturday was moist and the weatherman got it right for a change.

Junior shooter Caleb Mathis led all shooters in the Saturday Singles with a pair of 99’s and the second-best score was a 197 posted by Tyler Cox with a 100 straight in the rain on the 2nd 100.

Sunday was cool and clear, and the winds were 10-30 miles per hours at times. Caleb Dancy and Tyler Cox tied with 93’s and the shootoff was won by a single bird and Caleb the winner.

Handicaps cranked up and when the Smoke cleared Ean Wagoner and Mark Cox were tied with 91’s and had to shoot it off. Mark wound up the champ and HAA Runner-Up. Tyler Cox was the HAA winner and might be the youngest to ever win it. Check out http://www.shootscoreboard.com for all the scores.

The Rockingham County Gun Club will host their annual SCTP shoot this Saturday. It has been well attended in the past and of course it is open for ATA shooters if you would like to join us. If you are planning to attend please email me at fcr7@yahoo.com and we will get you squadded for the event.

Ok that is about it for this week, and I hope everyone has a great week. Weather looks good this week and I hope the weather holds up for the weekend. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week……smokem