May 31st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

May 31st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning to all on this Memorial Day. For those that paid the ultimate sacrifice with their lives that allows us to remain free I say thank you! This is a tough time for some and please remember all the military families on this day.

Great weather weekend and actually some rain to moisten the parched earth. Sunday was nice with cooler temps and a mild breeze. That would be some great weather for the upcoming North Carolina State Shoot in a few weeks.

Not much going on around the state prior to the State Shoot that starts on June 9th and runs through the 13th. From what I am hearing shells will be available based on the event you are shooting. Not sure of the assortment of loads and brands but Bob Schultz with Target Shotguns will be supplying them.

I would imagine that the NCTA is anticipating a big crowd this year if the attendance at the South Carolina State shoot is any indicator. Folks are still finding shells it looks like and the sticker shock of $15 Nitro’s and $10 Gun Clubs is setting in. Folks were not happy with $7 a box but if you want to shoot, I guess you will pay the price. Marty Hill has been classifying shooters prior to the shoot to save the folks time when you check in. Also, Pre-Squad is a great way to get in the system to save you time in line.

At the Hall of Fame, I noticed Bob Keever moving a little slowly and found out he was due for hip replacement. According to his wife he had surgery the 27th and is doing quite well with minimal pain and walking with a cane only when needed. He will be attending the State Shoot but will not be competing. If you get a chance drop him a text or call or email to brighten his day.

State shoots are happening all over the country and some shoots are having issues getting shells for their events. I read that Pocatello Idaho was not getting their shipment of shells for their shoot and had to announce it prior to the shoot. Hopefully, someone will come through with shells for their event. We keep hearing shells are coming and we are seeing Winchesters at our local Academy Sports but where are all of the Remington and Federal shells at? I mean Jeff Galloway works for Vista and cannot get shells?

Everybody have a great week and before you know it the state shoot will be here. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week………..smokem