Smokem & The Crippler @ Bradford

The ongoing saga of the gun purchased in Boone and shot around the Country!
smokem

Smokem & The Crippler @ Bradford

Post by smokem »

Left about 7 and got to the Best Western at about 6PM. GPS got us right to the door and it was a 524 mile ride. We got checked in and headed for the Gun Club.

The club is only 7 miles from the motel and that is great. We got to the club and dropped down into the gun club.

All fields are a little different and all the traps are about as tall as the tall trap at Coharie. The background is distant trees that have been defoliated by the lead shot.

I didn't go into the clubhouse yet and all of that will come in the morning. We are rooming next to our squadmates - Greg Shaeffer best known as "Fudd" and Jerry best known as the "Bruns".

I will be the leadoff man - crippler on 2 - Ron Earhart on 3 - Fudd on 4 and "The Bruns" will tailgun for the crew.

We will be shooting all orange White Flyers and Camper Dan Johnson assures me that they will have "Jimmy Wilson" face on the targets...

I have included the shots I took today and there will be more to come.

Mash on the link below:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... =slideshow
smokem

Thursday - Preliminary Day

Post by smokem »

Day 1 of the 92nd Annual Konne-Yaut Indians shoot is in the books. 26 squads took the line for the singles and caps and a few less for the doubles.

Not sure of all the top scores other than 99's tied for the singles, 98 took the handicap and a 99 won the doubles.

The weather was great with a light wind and variable cloudiness. High temp was about 80 and when we rolled down the mountain to the motel it was 70 degrees.

I stunk it up today but the crippler started working on me early with a 96 in the singles - 90 in the caps and a 81 in the doubles.

He sent his tube to Tron in Michigan to install a pin to deflect the shells and by golly it worked like a champ on his 391.

Hopefully we will get in the winners circle in one of the events Friday. I will try to get some pictures posted tonight.

Smokem
smokem

Day 2 Konne-Yaut Pow Wow

Post by smokem »

Friday morning started out moist with heavy lightning. Shooting started on time and then shooting was delayed due to weather. When we returned to shooting the skies cleared and it was beautiful the rest of the day.

100's were broken in the singles - 96 won the caps and not quite sure what won the doubles. JC shot well and wore me out again. He wound up waking me up at 4:30 in the morning thinking it was 6:30. I will writeup the longer version of the story later.

I have tons of pix but a poor internet connection here at the Best Western here in bradford. Saturday we will shoot doubles in the mornning and caps in the evening.