113th Annual Grand American - Monday - Saturday August 18th

Info about shoot dates and scores from around the nation.
smokem

113th Annual Grand American - Monday - Saturday August 18th

Post by smokem »

113th Annual Grand American - Saturday August 18th, 2012
@4PM Sunday - The 113th Annual Grand American is over and the Grand American winner is Donald Herdes from Illinois. He broke the lone 100 of the day and I posted his picture in the out-of-state trapshoot section.
I had the pleasure of posting the winner of the $100K shootoff on Trapshooters.com last night and had folks questioning whether my info was correct. Illinois 24.5 yard shooter Mike Obert broke 100 to get into the shootoff and went 25/22 to claim the $100K prize.

I picked up a picture that was taken by Trap & Field and posted on Facebook of Mike the night he found out he had won the shootoff with Leo Harrison. Congrats to him and I know more info will be available from him in the near future.

As far as the ladies $50K shootoff challenge the winning lady is Arkansas shooter Jessica Self. Michigan shooter Emily Effermeyer outshot Colorado shooter Sandra Luchetta for the $15K prize.

The RJStuart site is up to date with all of the scores and payouts and there is a lot of reading to do to soak all of that info in. It looks like attendance was good with 30,599 total entries in 2011 and 32,763 entries in 2012 for an increase of 2,164 entries. That represents a +7.07% increase over the total last year.

Attendance by Zone looks like this with Central leading with 1,577, Southwest 584, Southern 507, Eastern 343, Western 224 for a total of 3,260. They had 25 out of country attendees at the Grand!

More info includes the winner of the White Flyer HOA - Leo Harrison 983x1000 - E-Z-Go All Around Leo Harrison 397x400 (200S+100D+97H) - White Flyer 2600 HOA Harlan Campbell 2545x2600 - Amazing shooting for sure wouldn't you agree?

That leaves us with the NC winners and here is a brief rundown. Preliminary week Kenny Cox won in the E-Z-GO All Around with 372x400 for Class D 3rd. Grand Week - SubJr shooter Addison Callan won the "C" Class RU in event #21 Kubota Doubles 95. Event #15 Winchester AA Class Singles Championship D Class Winner Kenny Cox 194 - Event #18 Beretta Singles Championship SrVet 3rd Bill Howe 200 - Event #22 Kolar Handicap 21-22yd 3rd Kenny Cox 96 - Event #24 Remington Grand American Handicap 23-24yd 5th Kenny Cox 96 - White Flyer Class "D" RU Kenny Cox 928x1000.

If I missed anybody we sure do apologize and maybe just maybe we will have more info soon.

113th Annual Grand American - Friday August 17th, 2012
@5:16PM - Have not been able to keep up today and the doubles are finishing with 371 squads. Not sure about any details on the caps today and the RJStuart site is a little behind on posting scores from Thursday!
Hopefully we will have more to share a little later!

@10:30PM - ok here is a bit of info gleaned from trapshooters.com... Harlan took Champ - Ricky RU and Rachel took lady and I have no idea how long it went. I know that Ricky and Harlan went at least another 100 after the 200 Wednesday night.

Also - Leo lost the shootoff to Obert to get a shot at the 100K Saturday. I wish I had more info but we tried......

113th Annual Grand American - Thursday August 16th, 2012
@1:45PM - The website is having some real issues with all the traffic. Looks like 405 for the Crow Shooting Supply Handicap this morning. No idea of who is on the leader board at this time.
Thanks to Facebook and a Trap & Field post I learned that there were 43 200's broken Wednesday. Rachel Hopkins, Harlan Campbell and Ricky Marshall all ran 200 Wednesday night and will crank it up again Thursday night.

NC shooter Bill Howe wound up with SrVet 3rd for his 1st 200 ever and at the Beretta Class Singles Championship. There might be more names to emerge from carryovers during the preliminary week.

Hopefully we will have more details a little later this afternoon or evening!

@1:50PM - looks like "Wall Chart" creator Terry Jordan has a 99 up in Vet and Geogia shooter Martin Henderson had a 96 in the caps......

@5:20PM - 380 squads in the Kubota Class Doubles and still having a hard time with the server. Big shootoff tonight between Rachel, Harlan and Ricky.......Who do you think will be the last shooter standing and how many will they go?

@9:30PM - big bad storm rolled through Sparta with wind damage to the complex. There is plenty of info on trapshooters.com so I don't want to report anything that I do not know for sure.

Some commented on scoring chairs blown hundreds of feet, vendors tents blown away and campers turned over.

They were going to try to finish the doubles and hopefully some of the shootoffs will occur also. Looks like two 100's were broken today in the handicap including Leo Harrison III and Illinois shooter Michael Obert.

I hope to have more info to report before I turn in for the night

113th Annual Grand American - Wednesday August 15th, 2012
@11:35AM - 425 squads for the "Beretta Singles Chamionship" with temps in the high 70's currently. Scores are beginning to dribble in and who will be crowned the Beretta Singles Champion for 2012?
There have been some amazing shootoffs in the past and could this be the year for one of those stories to unfold?

@5:15PM - I am trying to get info and it is tough on the website currently. Several VA shooters are on the baord and heading for potential shootoffs. They include John Domas 199 in A Class, Will Pearce 199 in JrGold and Billy Wood and not sure of his class.

Dennis Taylor has a 198 in Vet and Bill Howe broke his 1st 200 straight today with Mike Fox, SC Jim Faber, Billy Thigpen and Mike Mincel. That is Bill's 1st 200 and we have a squad picture we will post later tonight!

We will try to get some more scores when we can and looks like NC has some horses in the race!

@10:15PM - 27 200's in AAA - 9 200's in AA - 2 200's in A and 1 200 in B Class. The server is super slow and I have no idea's about any shootoff scenario's at this time.

The scoreboard is up to date if you want to go take a look at how your friends shot!

113th Annual Grand American - Tuesday August 14th, 2012
@Noon - The President Jeff Wagner Handicap is underway with squad 287 on the ready. 18.5 yard Wisconsin SRVT Ed Fish is on top of the board with a 97. That won't sit there for long because the big boys/girls wait for that sun to get a little higher in the sky!
@2:15PM - looks like three 98's on the board - Hunter Gaway from Ohio - Thomas Cochran from Ohio and George McGaan from MC. A little tough to get the score info with all the folks hitting the website. 454 squads for this event and hopefully all the scores will be in shortly.

@3:45PM - 99 on the board and it was broken by 18.5 yard shooter Pat Pollock. Heck there might be more 99's but it is tough to tell.

Browning Class Doubles cranked up with 287 squads participating with temps in the high 70's and scattered clouds. Would you consider a ton of 100's this afternoon - I think you would be correct!

@11:30AM Wednesday - Pat Pollock did win the caps and another 99 was broken by a SubJr. Not sure just how many 100's were broken in the dubs because of all the carryovers.

SC Jim Faber broke a 94 in the dubs for a "D" class win and VA shooter Ted Carwile had a 98 for a SrVet RU win.

I talked with Hunter late Tuesday night and he said the weather was great and he was looking forward to the Clay Target Championship on Wednesday! Let's hope our NC shooters can get on the board in this event.

113th Annual Grand American - Monday August 13th, 2012
@11:15AM - 72 degrees with wind out of the SE at 14mph this morning in Sparta Illinois. 399 squads and I expect more squads will be shooting the Winchester Class AA Singles this morning.
No scores have been posted and they were on about squad 267 about 10:05 their time. Should be interesting on how many 100's will be broke in that wind.

We do have a NC winner on the board and it is none other than Kenny Cox with a "D" Class 3rd Place in the E-Z-Go All Around. More NC winners might be held up in some of the carryovers in singles and doubles!

I am wanting a NC shooter to win one of the caps to get in the 100K shootout the 18th.....

@8PM - 13 200's in AAA - 2 200's in AA - 199 won A - 198 won C and NC shooter Kenny Cox won "D" Class with a 194......

I am waiting on some info from the Grand and I will post that a little later tonight!

@12Noon Tuesday - Didn't get a lot of info to share but Jeff broke a 195 in singles Monday and that is a good sign he is on the mend. They said the weather was great Monday and Tuesday looks just as nice.