Dixie Grand 2013

Info about shoot dates and scores from around the nation.
smokem

Dixie Grand 2013

Post by smokem »

Dixie Grand 2013 - Tuesday
@4:25 - Not sure how many squads hit the line for the caps and it looks like 31 squads for the doubles and they are about done with them.
Looks like a lone 97 in event #5 Prelim Caps and it was broken by SrVet Harold Bowers from what I got to see. Now that might have been the second page of "All-Yardages" I just don't know.

I noticed Terry Jordan on the board in the low 90's, Kay Ohye with an 89 and then he broke a 97 in doubles, Kim McKinney in Lady1 and Charlotte shooter Charlie Keiger with a 91. Check back later for a wrapup from day 2 at the Dixie Grand.

@11:25 - Event #4 Richard Marshall Singles are in full swing with 45 squads signed up this morning.

No 100's on the board that I could see and noticed TN shooter Jim Fuller leading VET with a 98. NC shooter Marty Wood was on the board and broke a 95 in the Prelim singles on Monday.

I called Marty to see how the weather was and he said - fair. Temps this morning were in the 50's with the high expected in the 70's. Check back a little later when the caps gets to going....

Dixie Grand 2013 - Monday
Day 1 is in the books and it looks like the weather held up for opening day. Of course there were 100's in the singles with all the carryover's. Handicap is a tie with 97's and KY shooter Terry Dean won runner-up outright with a 96.
The high score in dubs was broken by Illinois Junior shooter Dale Gerlich with a 99. North Carolina's own Charlie Brown won SrVet runner-up in the dubs with a 90.

I did notice a few names on the board today and they included Jim Blevins, SC shooter Jan Slough and Ron Burdick. Things will be heating up and a lot of shooting still to come.

Attendance - 200S - 190H - 127D