September 10th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 10th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and I hope you had a great week and weekend. All eyes are on Hurricane Florence and it might impact shooting in North Carolina this weekend. If there are any shoot cancellations I will get them posted as soon as I get the info. Here is the link to the NCTA shoot calendar - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Continue to remember all the folks on the prayer list and I have no knowledge of any others currently that we need to be praying for. It is always nice to get a call from someone when you are sick. It isn’t always convenient, but it is nice to know folks are thinking about you.

Just a month away from the Dixie Grand at the NC Homegrounds and here is the link to the program - http://www.shootata.com/portals/0/pdf/2018DixieWeb.pdf
PreSquad is up and running and is open until September 25th. You best get signed up just in case the weather is good and everybody and their brother shows up to shoot.

Lodging could be a problem also and one option is the Hampton in Shelby NC. I stayed there for the State Shoot and it was a good stay. It is right beside the Cleveland Mall and is 20 miles from the Gun Club. The Hampton in Forest City is 7 miles from the GC to put the distance to Shelby in perspective.

Hurricane Florence looks like it might impact the NC Coast and move inland getting into the Greensboro area Friday. They are comparing the storm to Fran that hit the coast in 1996. They predict it will come ashore near Wilmington and the winds it will produce might approach 70mph in the Greensboro area. We hope this is not the case, but folks do need to prepare.

I remember traveling to the NC Homegrounds and just missed a tornado that was produced by a Hurricane that came inland. Shooting was postponed one day at the NCHOF and I spent a little time in Jimmy Wilsons trailer riding out the storm. Not sure what year it was and maybe someone can refresh my memory.

That is about it for this week and I pray that NC is spared, and only time will tell. Hello to Hap, Lou, Scott, Cousin Ronnie and Anne and until next week……………………..Smokem